[Yeji] Unnecessary Worry

Yeji x Reader

Requested by: 

Y/n POV

I sat leaning against a tree in the park alone, admiring the parks beauty. My day hasn't been the best and this small relaxation I'm able to have is nice. I just sat there allowing myself to let go of stress. Between being rejected by the person I liked and not getting the promotion I was hoping for, my mood is pretty low at the moment.

I leaned my head back against the tree and sighed, my eyes closed as the sun peaked through the branches of the tree and onto my face. The wind picked up and pushed the warm air to my skin. It's a beautiful day.

"Hey, do you mind if I sit by you?" A kind and soothing voice asked, causing me to open my eyes and look over.

This girl was really pretty, like, gorgeous. Her eyes were soft and her smile was precious. Her face was cute and made my heart skip a beat.

"Uh, yeah, that's fine," I said sheepishly as I moved over to make room for her.

"I don't mean to intrude on you, I just really like sitting under this tree cause the view is really nice." She said cutely. "That, and you looked pretty lonely. Kind of sad even."

"Was it that obvious?" I asked with a chuckle as I scratched my nape.

"A little." She giggled as she pulled a small blanket out of her bag and laid it out, then began putting out some food. "Are you hungry?"

"A little, I was actually thinking about going to get something to eat," I said as I turned toward her to talk.

"No, please, eat with me. I brought plenty and I always bring a couple of sets of chopsticks." She said as she rummaged through her bag.

"You really don't have. I mean, you don't even know my name, and I don't know yours." I said with a small chuckle.

"My name is Yeji." She said sweetly as she handed me a pair of chopsticks. "Tell me yours."

"Y/n. My name is Y/n." I said as I gave in and took the chopsticks.

We sat together for what seemed like hours as we ate the food she had brought, and got to know each other. I could feel myself getting closer to her the more I learned. I expected her to scoff, clean up, and leave when I told her I was just a clerk at a store, but she didn't. Even after finding out she was an entertainer. I assume on YouTube or something like that, pretty girls like her get popular really fast. She seemed pretty hesitant to tell me, but if I'm honest, I don't care what she does. She's beautiful and she's really kind.

"It's starting to get late, maybe we should clean up?" I said as I looked up at the sky.

"Maybe you're right." She giggled back to me.

We quickly cleaned up the leftover containers and the blanket and put them into her bag.

"That was delicious." I complimented with a smile and melted when I saw hers. "Um, hey would you like me to walk you home?"

"Um... no, that's okay. I'm not far from here. I'm sure you have to get sleep to go to work. I don't want to keep you out too late." She said with an apologetic expression.

"No no, it's okay. I can understand since we just met." I said with a smile. "Maybe we could exchange numbers and meet up later?"

"You know what. I think I would like that." She said with a cute smile.