[Lisa] All I Want For Christmas

Lisa Pov

Me and Y/n haven't been together all that long, but we have been friends since I became a trainee. We actually got together a few months before Christmas. He always knew how to make me laugh. He was the one I would text when I cried at night after training all day, or any time that I needed someone to talk to. It wasn't a secret we were close friends, people even thought that we were dating most the time. Needless to say, it happened eventually, color me happiest girl alive. He got along with the other members too, so they had no problems with him being around a lot. He was the goofiest guy ever! We ended up celebrating Christmas at the dorm inviting him over of course.

"It's not much," He said with a small smile holding out two small wrapped boxes. "But I wanted to make sure I got my angel something."

I covered my mouth with my hand about to cry with the biggest, dumbest smile ever. "Baby! You seriously didn't have to! You know I don't like asking you to spend money on me!"

"Yeah, but I can't give you the world, stars, or the moon like you deserve. I just wanted to get you something to show you I appreciate you." He said with a weak smile and tired eyes that I hadn't noticed up until now.

Y/n worked at a small store that barely paid him enough to survive. We met a few weeks after I became a trainee. I was crying sitting on a bench that was on his way home from work because no one at the company was allowed to speak to me in English, and I was getting really frustrated. I could barely talk to anyone, I was hungry, tired, I haven't been given access to a dorm yet, and I had no money to continue paying for a hotel. I was to scared and didn't know how to ask for Mr. Yang to help me pay for a room.

~Flashback~

He was walking with his hands in his pocket and stopped when he saw me. He tilted his head and said, "hey, you okay, Miss?"

At first in Korean, but when I didn't respond he asked in English.

"Yeah, I'm okay," I managed to quietly sob out. "Just a little out of place."

"Out of place? Not from Korea?" He sat by me on the bench with plenty of space between us.

"No, I'm a trainee at YG and I can't speak Korean yet, so I'm kind of lost." I wiped the tears from my eyes.

"A trainee? Where's your dorm, I'll help you get there. I'm a foreigner myself actually, but I've been in Korea for a few years." He said with a smile.

"I don't have access to it yet because I couldn't read the forms, and I can't afford a hotel room." I began to cry again.

"Do you have the papers on you?" He asked me with raised eyebrows.

"Yeah, it's in my bag here somewhere." I started digging in my purse.

"Well, if you don't mind, you can stay at my place tonight, I'll help you fill out your papers, and then you should be good to go." He said softly. "I got some fish I was going to make for dinner, you're welcome to it if you're hungry."

I never understood why I just trusted him right away, but I don't regret it. Best decision I ever made.

~Present~

I opened the gift he had given me and instantly realized he looked so exhausted and tired. This ring was not cheap. He had to of worked at least twice as much as he normally did to even come close to afford this. He also never missed a chance to hang out with me so our hangouts never slowed. He could have given me a plastic ring form one of those bubble gum machines you see outside of stores and I would be ecstatic, and he knew that. But he bought me something I knew that he couldn't normally afford. The ring was beautiful. It wasn't an engagement ring, just a ring. The other was expensive makeup that I preferred, again, way out of his price range. Y/n had ran himself ragged in order to buy me these.

I tackled him in a hug with tears in my eyes as I hit his chest. "Pabo! We agreed not to get each other gifts! So I didn't get you anything!"

"I have the most beautiful girlfriend in the world, I have exactly what I want for Christmas." I gave up hitting him and caved into his chest crying. I have the best boyfriend.

I showed him how much I appreciated him by getting him a bag of flavored Tootsie Fruit Rolls. His favorite candy, he always kept some on him. He would always pick out the Lime ones, didn't really care for them. He always gave those ones to me to add to my stash of snacks.

He took a few pictures of me by the tree me and him had decorated in his apartment and we just spent the day enjoying each others company. I don't think there's a word in any language that would explain how happy I am now. He was my rock. I wish I knew how he stayed so happy all the time and was always ready to pick me up when I was down. I called him my super hero.

 I called him my super hero

~Time Skip 1 Year~

Narrator POV

Small, light sobs echoed through the air as the snow fell blanketing everything in a beautiful white sheet. Lisa sat curled, her back against the smooth marble surface, a bag of Tootsie Fruit Rolls lay opened next to her nearly covered in snow. Tears falling over rosy red cheeks that stung from the cold.

"Merry Christmas baby..." Lisa's voice hiccuped between sobs. "I bought you a bag of your favorite candy... I even took out the lime ones, I know you don't care for them."

Her response was silence.

"Don't worry, you don't have to get me anything, I just want you for Christmas..." Her face now buried into her knees, soaking her jeans in tears. "But I can't have that anymore... can I..."

Once again silence hammered throughout the air in response.

" I never took off the ring you gave me last year, and the selfie we took kissing next to the tree is still the background on my phone. I still sleep with the teddy bear you gave me. I read the letter you left behind every night. You could have told me you weren't okay, baby... You didn't have to fight it alone..." Her sobs grew harsher. "You always seemed so happy, god I miss your smile. I should have known... I should have known you weren't okay... But I wish you would have came to me... instead of ending it all yourself..."

Her sobs opened into weeping and loud outright crying, turning around and throwing her arms around the tombstone

"I miss you... I love you... More than you will ever know."

You all seem to be really enjoying these one shots I have been putting out. I need to get back to writing my Rose x Reader story though so I don't fall behind!

I have a question for you though, They're rolling this new feature where you can further support the authors you like, is that something you look for? Would you like to support your favorite writers further than just reading? Let me know in the comments. Don't forget to also let me know what you think of the one shot as well, and consider voting!

Always remember.

Stay you. Stay Smiling. Stay Awesome.