[Rose] Time (It Was Never Meant To Be)

Time: It Was Never Meant To Be

One Shot

     Time. They say it heals all wounds. I know it to be far, far more malicious. Time destroys families, breaks friendships, takes loved ones, shatters souls, and rips out hearts. It makes you feel safe then rips the rug out from under you, then stabs you through the chest, just to be sure that it hurt as much as possible. Time is an evil thing but we are trapped by it, and there's nothing we can do about it. Even so, it reveals truths and it's the best teacher and it taught me a very valuable lesson. Bare with me, I'm only setting the stage to help you understand the story I'm about to tell you better.

     I met her in a music shop when I was looking to buy a new acoustic guitar. There's a small room where they store all of the acoustic guitars, banjos, ukuleles, among other similar instruments. While looking at strings and straps right outside that room I heard heard someone playing beautifully. I walked in and saw a beautiful girl playing on one of the guitars. I walked up to her and waved with a smile.

     "That was a beautiful song, you're playing is really nice." I said still smiling to her.

     "Thank you!" She said as she hid her face from blushing, I guess she's a shy person. "I didn't see you there."

     "Sorry, I just came in. I was looking at strings and straps then I heard you playing, so I had to see who was playing. " I smiled at her.

     "Well thank you." She smiled brightly with red cheeks.

     "So, you buying this one?" I asked sitting on the stool near her.

     "I think I will. It feels nice to play." She answered.

     "Mind if I give it a try?" I asked holding my hand out.

     "Oh, no, go ahead." She handed the guitar to me.

     I played an acoustic variant of "Whistle" by Blackpink. She smiled and began singing a long to it. Afterwards she smiled and giggled.

     "You're pretty smooth you know?" She said covering her mouth as she laughed. "you know who I am, so tell me your name.

     "Of course, Miss Park Chaeyoung. My name is Y/n." I said as I handed the guitar back to her.

     "You come to this shop often?" She asked resting her arms on the body of the guitar.

     "Often enough. I buy my strings here." I answered as her phone rang.

     It must have been a text because she looked at it and stood up. "It was nice talking to you, but I have to go, YG calls."

     We waved at each other and she started for the door. Just before she reached it I called out to her.

     "Hey, Chaeyoung?" I said turning around in the stool.

     "Hmm?" She hummed in response looking back to match my gaze.

     "I know it's a long shot, but any chance I could get your number? We could hang out play music and maybe write something. Just for fun, I don't wanna piggy back on your fame." I said and she smiled and walked back toward me with her hand out.

     "Let me see your phone." She said with a smile and red cheeks.

     I handed her my phone and she swiped around and typed something and and then handed me my phone back. Looking down at my phone I could see a messaged opened and ready to send to the contact named "Rosie Roses <3".