Part 16 - Shoulder to cry on

Soon the little Party was over tho. Soon all the Ninja had to go to sleep. Destiny said Goodbye and went away, not careing about their protests. She had to return. Her Morrow is waiting for her and Morro's rescue and revival is also not getting finished on its own. She has a lot of homework to do.

"Are you really already leaving us ?", Cole asked.

"I have to. Reviving Morro will not be done on its own. I have to return and keep searching for ways to revive him.", Destiny told them.

"But what if there is no way ?", Kai asked.

"There is always a way. Even if I have to kill myself for that.", she answered darkly.

Lloyd was the next to speak.

"I hope we see one another soon again, Destiny. And I hope that you find a way to get Morro back."

She smiled at him.

"Thank you and I hope the same.", she told him.

Then Destiny put her mask on and ran out the door. Soon she teleported and was home again.

"Mommy !!", Morrow yelled happily.

Destiny crouched down and opened her arms. He ran inside them in an instant.

"Hey, little one."

"There you are again !", Mistake said cheerie.

"Thank you so much for watching him. I owe you Mistake."

Mistake waved it off.

"You do not need to, dear. We are long friends and that is the reason, why I have agreed. I owed you so much and that is the least I can do."

Destiny smiled at Mistake.

"Thank you."

"No problem dear."

"Do you want to stay here over the night ? We have a guestroom, so you don't need to go home at this hour."

"I don't wish to be a burden."

"You are not one. You are a friend and I want to keep you safe. You will be a burden to me, if you just decide to die on me. Because then I would very much miss you."

Now Mistake smiled at her warmly.

"Oh, alright. But just for the night."

"And Breakfast. Then I will teleport you to your teashop. Today I am drained...", Destiny yawned.

"That bad ?", Mistake asked worried.

She looked at her son and then took him in her arms.

"Did you eat already ?"

Mistake nodded.

"Alright little one, time for bed. Mistake will surely take you with herself, if you behave, tomorrow."

His eyes lit up.

"Okay !"

With that Morrow stormed off, making himself ready for bed. Destiny chuckled weakly. She went to her sofa and fell on it, showing her real exhaustion. Mistake was very worried.

"What happened ?", they asked.

"....I...I lost control...", Destiny whispered.

Mistake just listened, worried.

"The last time that happened was...thousands of years ago....As I was 399..."

Mistake sat next to Destiny and listened closely. Destiny never talked much about her past. Now Mistake could learn a bit more about her.