Part 15 - Destiny's Problem

"Hey Lloyd. Why so down tonight ? We won. For now.", Destiny started the conversation.

"I am sorry, Destiny...", Lloyd said.

"For what are you sorry ?"

"For believing that I knew better, than you."

Destiny chuckled softly.

"Garmadon was the same. Always such a thick headed idiot. It took him 3 women, that played him, until he finally listened to me and found Misako. Back in the past we had much worse arguments, than you and I had at the bounty. Some times it even ended with me slapping him and kicking him. He did the same tho. We acted so childish in our Teenage years. It was so embarressing."

Lloyd smiled softly.

"I can't imagine my own father doing things like this in his past. I always thought he was scared of turning bad soon."

"Believe me Lloyd, when I say he was. He was scared shitless. This burden came to him and started living and growing inside him. I was the one, that told him to forget about it. The more you think about it, the more you get scared and the sooner you lose control. So we decided to enjoy ourselves as long as we still can."

"And ? What have you done together ?"

"Many things. Some bad and some good. You don't wanna know, how old your Father was, as he got the first time drunk.", Destiny chuckled.

"How old was he ?"

"12 years old in Ninjago. In my home he would have been 1200 already."
(1 Ninjago year = 100 Vampire years in the Realm Destiny came from.)

Lloyd's eyes went wide in shock. Destiny saw that and laughed.

"What ? Thought that Garmadon was always a Good little Boy ? Nah. Not even close ! We did some things, that could have gotten us to jail for years. But it was so worth it !"

"Tell me more."

Destiny smiled at him and ruffled his hair.

"Maybe another time, Lloyd. But not today."

Lloyd looked at Destiny and pouted.

"You are too secretive, you know that ?", Lloyd mumbled.

Destiny just laughed. Then, as it died out, she frowned. Lloyd looked at her worried.

"I do know that. But if you were me, you would be other things too and not just...acting the whole time. I can't act like I have my lost emotions back, I tried it over and over, it doesn't work. I got so many times hurt and betrayed, that I decided to act like a soulless being. I started to keep all my secrets inside. I started to see pretender from honesty. Your Father and Mother, were such people. Like Meroi and Morro. I could always count on them and I still do. Even after my own family left me to die..."

"I am sorry that I let you feel that. It isn't at all like that. We met Morro again, at the Day of the Departed. He helped us, to safe Cole. That is how he became human again. Sensei Yang opened a portal that turned ghosts back to the living. Cole got sent through from Yang as they realized that one had to stay in the monastery. He had asked of you, but we told him that we haven't seen you since he died a second time. He was totally panicking. Said that you maybe killed yourself again. We calmed him down tho and tried not to believe that. He said he wished to come back, but he can't. Not from his side. Only you can. There are 3 ways. But he didn't say which and where to find them."

"I don't know too... I will try and figure it out."

"Are you actually really feeling nothing all the time, or is it all just a play ?", Lloyd asked.

Destiny sighed.

"Some times I don't even know it myself. I feel always empty, but that is probably from all the acting. I never let my guard down. It can eat on your emotions....Then some times I even ask myself, do I still feel something ? Did I turn cold ? Is it all too late ? But...it never happened. Every time when I look at you, I have the urge to protect you. You were always close to my heart, since you were born. I liked you. And Garmadon was proud that I told him that I liked you and wanted to protect you."

"So...You know that you feel, when you see someone you have an urge to protect. In other times, you have no clue."

Destiny nodded.

"Yes, just like that.", she agreed.

Lloyd nodded in understanding and then looked at his friends.

"And the others ? Do you like them ?"

"Lloyd...I like you all, but I do not show it, because I have had many bad experiences with showing my emotions."

"Oh... How did you mean it actually ? With you and putting yourself back together."

Destiny froze for a moment and then sighed again.

"Every emotion and feeling you have, is a part of yourself. If you lose even one of your feelings and emotions...you are not complete and with that not yourself anymore. You follow ?"

Lloyd nodded.

"I lost almost everything of me. The only things I had were Sadness and Love and that was a long time like that. As Morro died, I lost almost everything of me. If I have no emotion left however...Hate awakens and then it turns into hunger for killing and hurting people. It is a fight I have to go through. I found everything soon again tho. After Morro died a second time, I tried to put myself back together, piece by piece and I almost made it. The only feeling and emotion that was not totally filled was Love."

"Love needs to be filled ?"

"Love stands for many things, Lloyd. You can love your family, love your life, love your own little family, love your own friends, love someone and be together with them forever, love your own pet. Love means so many different things. It is truely interesting."

"What did you love ?"

Destiny smiled a sad smile at Lloyd.

"Morro. I still cling on him."

Lloyd nodded.

"Understandable. He was your Lover."

"Yeah...yeah he was..."