Part 29 - The Ninja meeting 'Slab' and the Resistance planning

"Great... Just great !", Mordu cursed.

"We know that this is bad.", Kai said.

"Oh, do you now ? Then tell me why we are still here. We are here now for 1 whole week and we didn't even try to find a way out and back to Ninjago !", Mordu yelled.

Mordu, Kai, Jay and Zane were led to an area, after they were captured, kidnapped and suspected as Oni. Mordu was pissed, Jay lost his mind and Kai and Zane were at a loss of ways out. Wu, Alex and Cole were searching for food and Wu was finally a kid and not a Baby anymore.

They were thrown into a cave that was underneath the area. There they met a stupid, crazy person, Chew Toy, who loved to swing his bell around and make a lot of noise. It only pissed Mordu more off.

"Can you finally be quiet you lowlife ?!", Mordu yelled at Chew Toy as he was too annoyed.

"Oh ! Someone woke up on the wrong foot, eh, Oni ?", Chew Toy said.

"I am no Oni ! I am a Cannibal !"

"Whatever that is...", he said bored.

"I thought you are a former Cannibal...", Zane said.

"I am, still I can switch and eat him alive...", Mordu growled.

Kai and Zane stared at Mordu in horror.

Soon the platform, they all stood on, lifted and brought them into the arena.

"Who do you think 'Slab' is ?", Zane asked Mordu.

"A Dragon possibly...", Mordu huffed.

"How can you be so sure ?"

"Dragon and Oni hated one another like Ice hates Fire. They think that we are Oni, so they will have a Dragon against us. They hunt Dragons down and turn them into their slaves and food, so yeah... It surely is a Dragon."

"They eat Dragons ?", Kai asked horrified.

"Why of course. Didn't see the skeletons we passed a while ago ?"

"No ?"

"Welp, I did and they were of big Dragons."

"But 'Slab' will then surely know that we are not Oni.", Zane reasoned.

"I don't speak Dragonish... But I think the Iron Baron put something on the Dragon to make him kill us or the Dragon will think we are one of them or it will be too scared and distrusted and will try to kill us..."

They gulped.

"Who CAN speak...Dragonish ?", Kai asked.

Silence.

"Morro could...", Mordu then said in sadness.

"He could ?!", Zane asked in utter shock.

"Yeah. He talked with Shimmer, Destiny's Dragon, his own Dragon and Lloyd's Dragon. They obeyed him and liked him. The only language they could was Dragonish and Morro was very good in it. One more skill he learned from Destiny."

"So Destiny can speak with Dragons too ?", Kai asked.

"Could. She didn't speak with Shimmer for a while, with any Dragon actually. She forgot the language a bit. So...Morro would be the best here now, but alas he is not here."

"We are doomed...", Kai said.

"Not totally. Maybe we can make Slab understand that we are no danger."

It wasn't even that long ago that Mordu said that and they were just running away, avoiding Slab's earth hits and Jay was ringing that damn bell constantly.