CHAPTER 55

"Is everything ready?" I asked Emily who nodded her head as she helped me put on my dress.

"Yes sultana and as you ordered Malin is with Ayse sultan helping her get ready and Karla is with Fatma hatun" she informed me putting on my crown.

"Good" I put on the rest of my jewelry before walking over to my throne and sat down on it. Soon I was joined by the rest of my children and the girls.

"You look beautiful Ayse" I complimented her as I stepped closer to her and placed my hands on her shoulders.

"Thank you mother" she nodded her head giving me a faint smile as she kissed my hand. I pulled the veil from beside me from the pillow and placed it over her head covering her face completely.

"Stunning Fatma as always" she took my hand and kissed the back of it. I took the veil from beside me and placed it over her head.

"Let's go girls, your husbands must be waiting for you" I walked out of the room with them following me.

After the marriages were arranged I made sure Murad sent their husbands to other cities so they stay as far away from the capital as possible, they may not be men and can't rule but I can't guaranty that they wouldn't want revenge for their mothers soon enough.

I got into my carriage alone and they each of their own. The entire ride I planned Kaya's wedding with Karla. My poor girl will be married soon to a man she never met and she's merely sixteen while he was in his thirties I seriously don't know what Murad was thinking while throwing his sister away like this.

"We're here sultana" we stopped in front of the first castle. I got out with Fatma and I guided her to her castle and her room where I made sure everything was arranged and good for their one week stay before they leave for Borsa soon.

I too helped Ayse into her castle where she would be staying with her husband for a little over a month since the preparations for their leave to Konya weren't done just yet.

"Take care my beautiful daughter" I kissed her forehead before leaving. I loved the girls like my one I really did but they mustn't stay anywhere near me or my other children because no one knows what they will do to me or them.

"The padishah is asking for you sultanim" Emily informed me as I got into my room. I looked at her in confusion but she only shrugged her shoulders.

"What if she discovered your meeting with his men to arrange his safety?" Karla asked with fear all over her face.

"Do not worry hatun, he will never find that out" I said frowning my eyebrows. What could be so urgent at this time.

"Malin stays by Lana's side, she is giving birth after all" I ordered

"Malin stays by Lana's side, she is giving birth after all" I ordered. She bowed and ran out of the room to check on my soon grandchild.

"Help me put on my headscarf" Karla ran over to get it and placed it over my head covering my hair before following me with Emily behind her to the sultan's courters.

"My Murad" I walked in slowly. He stood up from his bed and walked over to me. He had a sad look on his face which worried me a lot.

"Validam, something horrible happened and I didn't let anyone tell you so I could tell you myself" he started looking down as a tear left his eye and trailed down his cheek.

"What is it, Murad?" I asked feeling fear build up inside of me. Did something happen to Ahmed or Hanzade? Or is it one of my children.

"Atike is no longer with us" I felt the air leave my lungs at his words. The poor girl didn't even reach ten years of age and she had slew she passed.

I leaned against Murad as I slowly lowered myself to the floor losing all feeling in my legs. Murad held me as I sat down on the floor feeling like I was choking on nothing.

"M-my girl" I whispered as tears left my eyes. I leaned my head back against Murad's shoulder wanting nothing more than to be the one that left instead of her.

"Come mother" he helped me stand up and walked me to his couch sat me down. He wiped my tears before calling for the guards. I composed myself for a moment as they spoke, Murad asked him to bring all of his siblings here except Ayse and Fatma and ordered no one to tell them until tomorrow, it is their wedding night after all.

After the doors closed my mask fell and I leaned down with my head in my hands as I burst out crying again

After the doors closed my mask fell and I leaned down with my head in my hands as I burst out crying again. I remember how much I hated her and her mother until she died and I got to raise her. It was all my fault that's he died, I can't even remember how many times I prayed for God to just kill her so it would be just me and Ahmed and our children and he listened I regret every word I said.

I am a murder even if I did it or not. I killed Ahmed's daughter out of selfishness. It's all my fault my poor girl is gone.

Murad walked over and kneeled down in front of me making me raise my head and look at him as he had tears streaming down his own face. He kissed both of my palms and placed them on his cheeks.

"Forgive me, mother, for I was a horrible brother" he placed his forehead on my knee. I pulled one of my hands for his cheek and met them wander into his hair messing it up a little.

"You are a wonderful brother but sometimes being a sultan is your first priority" I knew he was apologizing for Kaya but I forgive him a long time ago and so did she because the stat always comes first.

"Sultanim, it's a girl!"