CHAPTER 33

"What's your name?" I asked the maid that helped me unravel Cennet and Mehmed's real faces.

"Mahbikar sultana" she answered smiling brightly at me. She was a beautiful girl with brown almost black hair and blue eyes like the sea.

"You will be one of my maids from this day forth" she ran over kneeling in front of me kissing my robes in gratitude.

"Thank you Sultanim. I promise to try very hard and never disappoint" she said looking up at me. She was so free-spirited and a lovely girl almost reminding me of myself when I was younger.

"Where are you from Mahbikar?" I asked curiously.

"I'm from an island in Italy but I'm originally from England" she explained grinning happily. I froze at the mention of her origins. Could she be? No... But my family was the only one on that island that wasn't originally from there.

"Did you have an older sister that was taken from you?" I asked holding my breath waiting for an answer.

"Yes sultana her name was Rose but I don't remember her a lot, I was a mere babe when she was taken but I heard that she was one of the prettiest girls on the island," she said. I almost burst out crying right then and there.

"Go help prepare the party and call the sultanas to join me" I ordered wanting a moment alone. Was she really my sister? How did she come here? Who bought her here?

I sat down on my throne in the middle of the harem with the triplets around me as the younger girls ran around playing with some of the maids as the music started and some of the girls started dancing.

"Sultana are you okay?" I looked beside me at Shahrazad that asked me

"Sultana are you okay?" I looked beside me at Shahrazad that asked me. I gave her a weak smile trying to reassure her.

"I'm fine honey, now enjoy the party it is about you after all" I patted her hand before turning around again.

"I can't believe that she's getting married first, she's the youngest one" Zahra pouted a little playfully making me chuckle as her sister glared playfully back.

"Stop you two besides the wedding is still far away until spring" I shook my head at the two girls.

"Malin calls Mahbikar over to my wing," I said getting up and leaving for a bit saying I need to check up on the preparation for the sultan's arrival.

"Sultana, you asked for me?" Mahbikar bowed in front of me with a kind smile.

"Do you remember this?" I asked her showing the headband I was wearing when I was kidnapped. My mother made three of them for me and my sisters.

"That was my sisters, I have an identical one" she gasped running over taking the material in between her hands.

"Who's is it?" She asked looking up at me in tears.

"Why do you want to know?" I asked raising my eyebrow at her.

"Because I need to apologize if it wasn't for me the pirates wouldn't have found us and taken her" she mumbled looking back down at the clothes in between her hands.

"It's okay" I muttered making her head snap up to look at me with her mouth gaping open.

"You mean?" I asked pointing at me. I nodded my head feeling tears build up in my eyes again. She dropped the headband before pulling me in for a very tight hug.

"I'm so so sorry Rose" she pulled away looking at me with tears running down her rosy cheeks.

"Don't apologize" is shook my head wiping away her tears with my thumb leaving my hand on her cheek.

"I should be thanking you Mahbikar, if it was for you I would've never met Ahmed and had my kids" I wiped my own tears away as someone knocked on the door.

"Come in" Zahra walked in looking at me with confusion all over her face.

"Is everything alright mother?" She asked after she bowed to me.

"Yes, darling I was telling Mahbikar here to go tell the sultan that we were ready for him to come" I shook her concern off.

"Of course sultan" Mahbikar bowed before leaving the room.

"Let's go back to the party love" I pulled Zahra out of the room and back to the harem.

"MAKE WAY SULTAN OSMAN KHAN AND THE PRINCES HAD ARRIVED" everyone stood up and bowed excluding me.

"Validam" Osman took my hand kissing the back of it lightly.

"My lion" I patted his hand before he pulled away and gave his sister his full attention.

"Shahrazad, my beautiful sister" he pulled her closer kissing her forehead lightly as she grinned happily up at him.

"Father would've loved to see you as a beautiful bride but he sadly passed too early," Osman said. I sighed sadly knowing how badly Ahmed wanted to see his daughters as brides all grown up.

"I made you this necklace with my own hands using your favorite jewel, Rubies," he said pulling out a breathtaking necklace from a box one of the harem guys offered him.

He placed it on her delicate neck clasping it at the back. The red jewel hanged down until where her dress started.

"It's beautiful brother" she gasped touching the necklace with a huge smile.

"Thank you" she took his hand kissing the back of it.

"Congratulations sister" Mehmed smiles brightly at her as he handed her his own gift. One after the other all of the boys handed her gifts as they congratulated her.

"Let's the party continue," Osman said taking a seat beside me on the throne as the boys all scattered around some on chairs as the eldest and some on cushions being the younger ones.

"Malin, don't forget to feed Atike" after Ahmed's death I took full responsibility of the babe putting her under Malin's care of I was busy doing anything.

I looked around me seeing all of my kids talking to each other happily as they enjoyed the party but there was still a void. Ahmed wasn't here, I couldn't enjoy myself without him around. He was my happiness and now he was snatched from me so early.