CHAPTER 51

"Sultana" Karla walked in and bowed to me with a maid behind her holding a basket. I nodded at her to proceed which she did.

"The evidence sultana," she said taking out white sheets from the basket to show blood on it. I nodded and looked away a little disgusted, she immediately shoved the sheet back into the basket and told the maid to leave to the washers.

"Send Lara hatun to the favorite's room" she bowed and left to do as I ordered.

I jumped as the doors were slammed open before they could even shut. Malin ran over to where I sat on the throne and bowed deeply as an apology.

"Sultana forgive me but I had just received news that Handan sultan delivered a healthy baby boy" I sighed placing a hand on my chest to rid myself of the fear she planted in me when she came running in.

"Thank Allah but never run in here like this, you almost gave me a heart attack" she giggled at my words as I shook my head at her.

"Prepare my carriage" she bowed and ran out. Emily walked over and started helping me to get ready for my leave.

"Don't forget to inform Murad" I said which she nodded for and continued helping me get dressed.

When I reached Handan's castle I immediately ran to her room not bothering to take off my outer clothes. I walked in to see her on her bed with a blu bundle in her arms and her husband standing beside her.

"Oh thank Allah you're okay" I sighed in relief stalking over to where she laid. Her husband bowed and stepped aside to give us our space.

"I'm fine mother, beside Husain didn't leave me for one second until he was literally kicked out of the room" I chuckled and looked at my son in law that I have doubted so much, the son in law I had no trust in and that may have changed a little, just a tiny bit.

"Murad is waiting for you in the main room," I said making him bow and leave the room.

"Don't tire yourself my lovely" I took the baby from her and held him in my arms protectively feeling my heart swell when my eyes met his beautiful blue ones.

After a while, Murad and Husain joined us again for the naming of the baby. I smiled as Murad said the Adan in the baby's ears this time much more effortlessly.

"Your name will be Omar" Murad handed the baby back to Handan who kissed his cheek.

I walked down to the main room after taking off my coat and headscarf wanting to be more comfortable as I stayed here for a while before I leave with Murad. I walked so to see Murad and Husain in a deep discussion which was unusual especially in the castle.

"What's the matter?" I asked stepping in between the two men. They looked at each other before Murad answered me.

"Nothing mother," he said but I didn't believe him one bit. I turned to look at Husain who was looking down not meeting my eyes.

"Do not lie to me Murad for I am your mother and know when you are not telling the truth" I said sternly

"Do not lie to me Murad for I am your mother and know when you are not telling the truth" I said sternly. He looked at me with eyes that spoke for him, he didn't like the way I spoke to him in front of Husain so I made a mental note to not speak to him like that in front of anyone at all.

"There are some rebels on the outer skirts of the city and they've been growing dangerous," Husain said earning my attention.

"Don't you know how to stop them, you were part of that rebellion a while back or do I have to remind you?" I said angrily. He looked down in shame knowing I was right to be angry at the moment especially at him who was considered a traitor until a year back. I took a deep breath before speaking again.

"Why don't you send messengers?" I asked. Murad sighed deeply and looked at me.

"We did, they sent us their heads," Murad said shocking me

"We will have to go and fight them," Husain said. I shook my head feverishly but I knew there was no other way.

"Husain leave me with my son, please" he bowed and left us alone in the room. I immediately pulled Murad in for a hug feeling my heartbreak at the thought of him going to war again.

"I can't lose you, Murad, please don't make me witness another death of my children. I can't afford living the death of another one of you" I begged almost sobbing as he patted my back. He helped me to a couch and sat me down before sitting down beside me.

"Do not worry mother, I will be taking Husain and Ali pasha with me" he said. I shook my head.

"That's worse Murad you would be widowing your sisters is something happened," I said panicking.

"Do not worry mother we have god on our side" he said. I nodded my head and looked out of the window watching at my other children got out of carriages to see the new addition to the family.

I took a deep breath and put on a smile on my face as they ran in with huge smiles on their faces. They haven't smiled since Orhan left for his Sanjak and seeing them smile again made my heart flutter and warm up again.

I wish Ahmed was here to witness the happy moments our family was having. I wish he was here to name our grandchildren. I wish he was here to sleep by my side and hug me when I have a nightmare.

I looked up and watched as Murad's new guard Kemankes walked past in front of the door, he looked inside for a moment meeting my eyes before looking away since it was not allowed for him to see me without my headscarf. I pray for him to protect my son or I will have his head on a spike.