CHAPTER 32

I sighed tiredly rubbing my forehead trying hard to get rid of the strong headache that took over a while back.

"Sultana that's all for the day," Cennet said bowing before leaving. Just as she was about to leave the room the doors burst open showing one of the harem girls who ran over to me and kneeled in front of me.

"HOW DARE YOU RUN IN HERE LIKE THIS?" Cennet bellowed but I shut her up by raising my hand.

"What is it, girl?" I asked watching her take my robes in between her hands and placing a kiss to it.

"Sultanim I saw something in the stars and I wanted to warn you," she said looking up from the floor at me, her eyes were full of tears and looked very sinister but you can never trust anyone.

"What is it?" I asked leaning a little forward making the girl look back down. Am I really that intimidating?

"Sultanim I saw that someone was trying to betray the throne," she said triggering my interest

"Don't listen to her sultana, she's crazy" Cennet said nervously walking over to pull the girl but I stopped her.

"Continue" I ordered the girl sharply making her flinch. She looked at Cennet then back at me.

"Cennet leave, NOW" I ordered stopping her before she could protest.

"Sultana the man went by the name of Mehmed and he has a wife who's helping him," she said. Mehmed pasha and Cennet? Why? Cennet has been by my side for years now why would she betray me now?

"And what proof do you have?" I asked smartly but it seemed she had one.

"I heard them too sultana and they were meeting up this afternoon. Please believe me sultana" she begged looking up at me with pleading eyes.

I opened the door throwing the girl out as she cried crashing into Cennet before slamming my door shut. I hope this works. I stood behind the door listening to what was happening behind it.

"Told you she wouldn't listen to you, she loved and trusts me way too much" I could hear the smugness in her words.

That afternoon I went where the girl told me to and hid behind one of the many walls that were in this hallway. This was both smart and a stupid place to meet at, this was a deserted hallway but there were too many walls here and anyone could hide from them.

"And after we overthrow Osman from the throne I want you to poison the sultana as I put prince Mehmed on the throne and make sure he listens to me" I heard Mehmed pasha say. I closed my eyes feeling sad at the betrayal, Cennet has been by my side since I was pregnant with Murad and even a little before that. Mehmed I've known since I had Orhan and they've both been very loyal to this day.

I coughed announcing my presence making them both jump in fear as I walked out from where I was hiding with Karla and Malin behind me as Emily came back with some guards.

"Sultana" Cennet said with fear lacing her words

"Sultana" Cennet said with fear lacing her words. She was shaking very hard and I was expecting her to explode any minute now.

"I was expecting betrayal from anyone but you two," I said glaring at both of them.

"Take these traitors to jail" I ordered the guards, they immediately walked over to the two and started pulling them away

"No sultana, wait let me explain" Cennet screamed as she was being pulled away from in front of me.

I walked away and to the sultan's room. When the guards saw me they bowed and without me telling them one of them went in to inform Osman that I was here.

"Come in sultana" I walked in smiling a little as I saw my two lions, Osman and Mehmed, here talking to each other.

"Validam" Osman took my hand and placed a small kiss to the back of it before Mehmed did the same.

"What's wrong Validam?" Osman asked when my smile turned into a frown.

"I just discovered that Mehmed pasha and Cennet hatun were traitors" I explained looking down sadly.

"What?" Mehmed explained shocked.

"I heard them myself how they were scheming to dethrone you and poison me to death and poison your brothers' heads" I explained.

"I will see that they are executed at once for their treason" Osman patted my shoulder knowing how close I and Cennet were.

"Mother me Osman were talking about me and my brothers," Mehmed said looking at Osman a little wearily.

"We were thinking that I should send my brothers to a Sanjak as a way to protect them and my throne" Osman explained.

"Not before they're seventeen Osman. They can't take such responsibilities at a young age" I explained calmly shocking them. I was thinking the same thing lately, it was for the better and it's not like I can't visit them.

"Well Mehmed is twenty and Murad is eighteen," Osman said. I nodded my head with a small smile.

"Do I have to go with them or should I stay here?" I asked knowing the rules around here but I need the sultan's permission.

"I hate to admit it but I need you here mother," Osman said. I pulled him in for a hug knowing how much he's been struggling lately.

I walked out of Osman's room and faced Karla. She bowed to me and kept looking down, despite being my friends Karla, Malin, and Emily made sure to always respect me.

"Congratulations Karla, the harem will be under your leadership," I said making her look up with shock before she kneeled down and kissed my robes.

"Now for your first day, I order you to prepare a party for Osman and choose the prettiest girls we have. The dynasty needs an heir soon" I muttered the last part making her nod in understanding.

"Come by my room later so I can give you your seal" I patted her shoulder before walking away and back to my room.