CHAPTER 23

"What could Ahmed possibly want?" I asked confused as he was supposed to have a meeting with the council right now.

I walked into Ahmed's room to see him sitting on his bed/ throne. I walked over and bowed to him.

"Is everything alright my love?" I asked worriedly.

"Everything's just fine," Ahmed said getting up and walking over to me with a huge grin on his face

"I have a present for you, my love," He said making me arch a brow up in confusion and wonder.

He pulled me over to the terras door stopping in front of it before we can get out. I stopped dead in my tracks as I saw the Shaikh sitting there with four other men.

"Do you agree on Sultan Ahmed Khan a husband to Sultana Jawhara daughter of Abdullah?" That Shaikh asked.

I gasped and turned around to look at Ahmed wide-eyed who only smiled at me lovingly as he watched teared well up in my eyes.

"Ahmed.." I was only able to say his name before a sob left my trembling lips.

"I love you so much my Jawhara and I will do anything for you my love," he said kissing my forehead before I left to get ready for our wedding night smiling widely as the sounds of fireworks filled the air.

I could imagine a man walked down the streets with a drum banging on it yelling at the top of his lungs.

"Sultan Ahmed Khan declares Sultana Jawhara as his legitimate wife"

And I can also imagine the people being happy because after all, I was their beloved sultana who gave them heirs to the throne other than charity work I do for them.

I smiled at myself in the mirror as Cennet draped the red veil over my head covering my face too.

I walked down the corridor with an almost skip in my step feeling the harem's eyes on me, some girls who were able to get in Ahmed's bed before me with envy and the girls who didn't even get to see his face with admiration.

Now Ahmed was officially mine and mine alone. The Harem knows. The castle knows. The capital knows. The Ottman dynasty knows. The whole world knows.

No woman shall come near my love no matter who she was. Who would've thought a slave girl that was kidnapped on her 17th birthday would become the most powerful woman in the world.

If you told 16 years old me that I will get to marry a sultan one day I would've laughed at you and told "yeah right, the tops I'm gonna get is the farmer our neighbor".

Who I still remember him vividly, he was an old man in his sixties and he had already married thirteen times some of his wives dying of natural causes and some from childbirth. He had seventeen children ten who are boys.

I took a deep breath as we reached the golden road. I could see Mehmed pasha standing beside Zulfikar agha waiting to greet me before I enter Ahmed's private wing.

"Sultana" Mehmed pasha greeted as he and Zulfikar agha bowed to me

"Sultana" Mehmed pasha greeted as he and Zulfikar agha bowed to me. I nodded at them before walking into Ahmed's room.

He was standing in the middle of the room with his back to me. He turned around with a loving smile on his lips.

I walked over and kneeled down in front of him taking his silk robes between my fingers and kissed the end and dropped it.

He placed his hand under my chin carefully and put some pressure there as a single for me to stand up.

I looked up at him with teary eyes as he took the veil off letting it fall and hit the ground with a small thud behind me.

"My Jawhara" he muttered dreamily. Now I know why people say that I cursed him if he talks about me with the same look on his face I myself would think I have him under a spell.

"My Ahmed," I said with a small quiver in my voice from trying to hold back my tears all day as I was bathed and fed before I got dressed in the beautiful red dress Ahmed made just for me.

"You look more beautiful than ever my love," he said placing his hand on my cheek. I blushed crimson red at his words, after all this time he still got that effect on me.

"You look majestic my lion" I whispered against his lips before he smashed them against mine.

His hand ran from the back of my head to the front and over the buttons of the dress undoing them one at a time slowly enjoying every moment we had together.

The outer dress fell down on to the floor in a heap of blood-red silk. Then my corset that Cennet suggested I wear followed.

Ahmed pulled away with a smile on his lips. He leaned his forehead on mine as we both panted from the power of the kiss we just shared.

"I don't want this moment to end" he whispered. I giggled as his breath tickled my lips.

"Neither do I" I muttered and pulled him down kissing his lips with as much passion as I can master to show him how much I loved him.

His hand went up to my shoulder and pushed down the red fabric off my shoulder showing the right side of my collarbone.

He pulled away and bent down kissing the small scar I had on my shoulder from when I was young.

"You're my world Jawhara and when you got poisoned I truly knew your true meaning in my heart. You're my heart itself and if you get as much as a paper cut I will burn the world down" he whispered in my ear making me shiver at the impact of his words and because of the cold air that hit my body as the red underdress fell fully to the floor.

I pushed the green robe off his shoulder causing it to fall on to the floor followed by his shirt and pants leaving us both bare in front of each other.

He pulled me up bridal style and walked over to the bed laying me down on it before worshiping every part of my body with his lips and delicate hands.

This man is mine and I am his and no one can change that.