CHAPTER 50

I sighed annoyed as Ayse walked in with a maid behind her holding Ahmed. She's been a headache for a while now acting like she was the most powerful person in this palace after giving Murad a son like she was the only human capable of doing that.

"Sultana," she said bowing to me looking so forced and almost mockingly.

"Ayse" I acknowledged her. I turned to look at my grandson smiling a little as he squealed. The maid walked over on my command and handed him to me, I bounced him up and down to entertain him.

"How's my grandson?" I asked looking up at her catching her roll her eyes but acted like I didn't.

"He's been fine," she said rudely. I looked at Malin giving her a silent command to do what was planned. She bowed and left the room.

"Be careful Ayse, you're standing in front of the Valide" Emily said with a harsh tone.

"Who are you to call me only Ayse?" She asked turning to glare at Emily. I sighed standing up and handing the baby to the maid.

"She's one of my head maids and she's on the same level as you" I answered for Emily glaring at the girl in front of me. I wish she wasn't pregnant at the moment for I yearned to slap her face so bad.

"Sultana she disrespected me in your presence and when Murad hears about this he won't be happy," she said as if warning me of my own son. The doors to my room opened and Malin walked back in with a grinning face on.

"Sultana. The padishah is asking for you and Ayse sultan to go to his chambers immediately" she said. I looked at Karla who immediately walked over with my headscarf and helped me put it in before I left.

Ayse tried to walk in front of me but she was immediately yanked back by Emily who glared at her almost resulting in a new fight but was stopped when we reached the sultan's room. I walked in first and stood beside my son who took my hand and kissed the back of it.

He looked so calm but I could see the raging fire of anger in his eyes just like his father.

"How dare you?" He asked glaring at Ayse who looked confused at him.

"How dare you disrespect my mother?" She staggered back afraid of the look in his eyes as he walked closer to her.

"How dare you say that you will be of higher status than her and spread such rumors in the harem. How dare you roll your eyes at her and scoff when she gives you advice" he took her shoulders in his hands roughly making her squeal.

"You will never be near where she is now. I will never allow anyone in this world to be nearly as powerful as my mother and you will not even come close to that" she let a fake tear slip from her eyes but Murad was no fool. I watched him proudly as he defended me, his mother.

"After you give birth to my child you will be banished to the old castle and never see your children ever again" she gasped when she heard his words but didn't get to say anything as he opened the doors and shoved her out of the room

"You did the right thing my lion," I said walking over to him taking his hands into my own as he calmed down from the anger.

"I meant what I said, mother. No one will be nearly as powerful or important as you as long as I live" I smiled at him pulling him in for a hug.

"I know my lion" I kissed his forehead. I walked out of his room stopping outside of the door and turned to look at Karla who bowed.

"Bring me a couple of girls to my room and make sure they're one of the most beautiful ones we have" I ordered before leaving for my room. Malik smirked as she got the plan I had in mind.

In minutes I was stood in the middle of the room with four girls in front of me all bowing their heads looking down at their feet in respect, fear, and shyness.

I looked over them seeing who was prettier than the other until my eyes settled on a brunette girl who looked very pretty I almost mistook her for an angel.

"What's your name?" I asked putting my finger under her chin making her look up at me with her doe eyes.

"Lara, Sultanim" she bowed looking back down at her feet.

"Prepare Lara for Murad" I ordered. The other girls looked jealously at the young girl but left the room and stayed silent as ordered for I didn't want Ayse to know yet not until Lara was in his room.

They prepared her in my room making her look even more beautiful than she already was originally.

"Are you ready, Lara?" I asked the young girl. She turned around to face me from the mirror.

"Of course, Sultanim" she gave me a deep bow before she was escorted out of the room in front of the whole harem to see.

I walked out to the balcony and watched as all of the girls ran to the door to watch her walk down the stairs and to the corridor leading to Murad's room, I could see Ayse's maid among them watching with a sour look on her face before she ran deep...

I walked out to the balcony and watched as all of the girls ran to the door to watch her walk down the stairs and to the corridor leading to Murad's room, I could see Ayse's maid among them watching with a sour look on her face before she ran deeper into the harem and to Ayse's room to tell her.

All of the girls looked up at the balcony to find me standing there watching with a smile as they reacted to her being sent to spend the night at the sultan's room.

I turned around and walked back into my room waiting for any news. As the time ticked by I knew that Murad didn't break my word and accepted the maid to spend the night in his room with him.

I looked up as the doors to my room opened and Karla walked in with a grin on her face. She nodded her confirmation that what I wanted to happen, happened making me smirk.