CHAPTER 15

"This is a miracle sultana" I looked up at Karla from the small baby in between my arms.

"Nothing like this happened in the family before" she continued making me smile.

"First you bring two boys and now three girls in only two pregnancies sultana you're a miracle of God," she said making me chuckle as the baby girl in my arms started fussing around.

"Karla I'm no miracle god just wants me to have these miracles" I could barely finish my sentence before Ahmed barged in hurriedly over to me.

"Are you okay my Jawhara, they said there was a little of hardship with the delivery" Ahmed said before freezing as he looked at the baby between my arms then to Malin who also held one before moving to Emily who was also holding one.

"I will be okay my sultan our daughters just decided to give their mother a bit of a hard time," I said smiling brightly at him.

"I asked for one daughter from you and God blessed me with three, oh how giving is god," he said grinning as he took the girl that was with Malin who was in a green blanket.

We waited until Mustafa and his mother and sister arrived before Ahmed started the naming of the girls.

"Your name will be Zahra" he named the first and eldest girl that was in the green blanket.

"Your name will be Shahrazad" he named our second daughter who was in a red blanket.

"Your name will be Handan" he named our last and youngest daughter who was in a purple blanket. I smiled when I heard his mother's name leave his lips.

He handed me our daughter smiling brightly before we prayed. When we were done everyone left leaving me alone with Ahmed and our children. 

"I hope one day to see them as beautiful brides," Ahmed said as he held Shahrazad between his arms.

I sat in my bed with Handan in my arms as Othman and Mehmed sat on each side of me still too young to process what was going on around them.

"Insha'Allah Ahmed," I said making him look at me and smile at me brightly.

"You have no idea how happy you made me today, you gave birth to three girls no one have done that since Nurbanu sultan the wife of my grandfather Selim II," Ahmed said getting up from the side of the bed and over to one of the three small beds one being already occupied by Zahra, he placed Shahrazad in one of the two left, he then walked over to me and took Handan from me and placed her in her bed.

"Take the children" Ahmed ordered making a Malin and Emily walk over and take the twins before leaving us alone with the girls.

Ahmed climbed in the bed and laid down beside me pulling me to his chest, I finally relaxed in his arms and fell asleep after the longest and most tiring day of my life.

"Masha'Allah sultana you can't seem to have only one baby when you get pregnant" Halime sultan said as she sat down beside me on the couch beside the big windows in my room.

"How are you feeling now? Isn't it too early for you to leave your bed?" She asked trying to sound nice.

"I'm fine sultana besides I'm bored of just sitting in bed and doing nothing, I already want to get out of here and maybe take a walk in the garden," I said making her smile slightly at me before pulling out a box from her belt and opening it.

"May Allah keep them safe," she said pulling out a blue eye surrounded by gold and placed it on Handan's pillow before pulling out an identical one and placing it on Zahra's blanket, she pulled a third one and placed it on Shahrazad's pillow.

"When you want to go to the gardens send me an invitation so we can go together and maybe talk a little," she said bowing before she walked over to the door but before she could knock for the maid to open the door for her it opened to show Ahmed walk in she bowed to him before walking out, as I was about to stand up and bow to Ahmed, he raised his hand to stop and walked over to where I was sitting.

"How are you today my Jawhara?" He asked sitting down beside me taking my hand into his bigger one.

"I'm much better now Ahmed" I grinned brightly as one of the girls cooed a little beside us as if she knew her father just arrived.

"You have no idea how much you make me happy my Jawhara, in the past two years you have me not one but five children you truly are a miracle," he said leaning forward to plant a kiss on my forehead before getting up and walking over to Zahra's bed picking her up and holding her close to him.

"My beautiful Zahra" he mumbled before placing a kiss to the side of her head.

Malin walked in and straight over to me kneeling to whisper in my ear.

"Safiye sultan wants to see you after the sultan leaves" she whispered. I nodded for her to leave which she did.

"Is there something wrong Jawhara?" Ahmed asked turning his attention to me.

"Nothing my love, she was just telling me that the twins are getting hungry and you know even after I stopped breastfeeding them I still love feeding them myself" I explained coming up with anything I can.

"You're a good mother my Jawhara," he said leaving over to kiss my forehead before putting Zahra back in here bed and leaving.

I sighed in relief that he finally didn't catch on, I got up and walked over to the Valide wing knowing despite being banished she would only be there, I walked in to see her drinking something from a cup but gave it no thought.