CHAPTER 41

"May Allah blesses this marriage my lovely," I said to my daughter bring her veil down over her face as she sat on the bed that will be hers from this day forth.

"I'm afraid mother" she whispered so none of the maid around the room lighting up the candles could hear her.

"Do not be my lovely. Ali pasha will cherish you until the end of your days. I chose him for you along with your brother knowing that you fancied him for a while now like your sister fancied Mahmoud pasha" I said kneeling down in front of her after I dismissed the maids with a flick my hand.

"But Handan doesn't even know how Husain Agha looks like," she said. I sighed sadly knowing that she was right.

"And that's why he'll be coming over in a couple of days. To meet the royal family and for me and his mother to prepare the engagement party" I explained. I stood back up and patted her shoulder a little.

"Let's not speak of this. I hope you have a happy life with your husband my darling" I kissed her forehead before leaving the room and to the sitting area where Ali pasha was standing.

"Ali Pasha" he turned around and bowed to me. When he looked back up I could see respect in his eyes. He knew that I was in pain of seeing my daughter being forced into a marriage even though she said that she'll do anything for this dynasty. He knew how much pain I'm in and he respected me for being strong enough to bare it.

"Take care Zahra and as I said to Mahmoud pasha before, she's an Othman jewel and if you hurt her you'll have not only me but the people to punish you for it" I warned. He bowed in understanding.

"Do not worry sultana, Zahra sultan is more precious to me than my life" I nodded and let him leave to his bride.

I went to sleep in their castle just like with Sah and left immediately the next morning to the castle. When I walked into the harem there was yet another fight in the harem.

"What in Allah's name is going on here again?" I asked feeling anger bubble up inside of me. I thought this all ended yesterday, seems not.

"Sultana, Ayse hatun is saying that she's pregnant and we do not believe her," one of the maids said. I took a deep breath feeling my anger go down again.

"Are you a doctor?" I asked her. She bowed her head down in shame.

"Karla, take Ayse to the doctor and tell me the results" I ordered. She bowed and pulled Ayse out of the harem by her arm.

"And you lot, when will you learn the rules and traditions?" I asked calmly glaring at all of them.

"How dare you mistreat a sultana's chief favorite?" I asked

"How dare you mistreat a sultana's chief favorite?" I asked. I could see one of the girls tremble but I didn't give it any mind.

"Malin beat every girl who disrespected Ayse" I walked out hearing some of the girls pleading Malin as the aghas ran in to restrain them to be beaten.