CHAPTER 18

"Send a letter to the sultan," I said before a scream ripped through my throat making Malin who was helping me on the bed flinch.

"Fast," I said I placing my hand on my stomach.

"As you wish sultana" Emily immediately ran out of the room almost bumping into the doctor

"Come on sultana be strong," Karla said encouragingly, I nodded acknowledgment to her words.

"Get the kids out of the room" I ordered. Karla ran into the room attached to mine and ushered the kids out of the room and into the hallway where I could see the harem girls standing waiting for news of the newborn.

"Push sultana," the doctor said popping her head out from between my legs then going back down.

I screamed as pain ripped through my body pushing as hard as I can. It doesn't matter how many times I've done this it never gets easier.

After a whole hour of pushing, screaming, and crying a loud scream of a newborn ripped through my screams and filled the rooms making tears fill my eyes.

"It's a son" the doctor cried happily wrapping a white cloth around the newborn and handed him to me.

"My baby boy, welcome to the world" I placed a kiss to his forehead not caring that it was bloody and started to shush him.

Malin took him from me to wash him, Karla helped me wash up as Emily changed the bedsheets and ushered the kids into the room again.

I leaned back on to the pillows relaxing as the warm blanket was placed over my legs. Malin walked back into the room with a blue blanket making me grin as I saw one of his small hands breakthrough and flail around.

"Here's my boy" I wrapped my arms around him carefully.

"Come over and meet your brother," I said and seconds later the kids were scrambling over to me on the bed to see their new brother.

Karla leaned closer with Kaya in her arms so she can see her new brother, Kaya let out a small yell happily clapping her chubby hands.

Two days later_

"The name his majesty chose the name Kasim for the baby sultana," Hagi said putting down the scroll and handing it to Cennet.

"Of course, here" I handed Kasim to Hagi who said the Aran in his ear before saying his name in his ear three times.

"Welcome to the world Kasim" I whispered placing a kiss on my baby's head.

"Sultana here are the papers you have to sign, as you asked Egypt's money will be given to the girls as their yearly pension and the rest will be also given to them as gifts for the birth of our new prince" Cennet explained.

"Perfect" I nodded in approval and let some red wax melt on the paper before sealing it and handing it back to Cennet.

"Mother" I looked behind her to find Handan standing there shyly.

"What is it, baby?" I asked worriedly opening my arms when I saw the small frown on her face.

"Are you gonna love me less now that you have another prince?" She asked as I pulled her on my lap, I could see tears starting to build up in her eyes.

"When Murad and Orhan ere born did I love you less?" I asked looking at her, she shook her head.

"When Kaya was born did I give you less attention?" I asked she shook her head yes then no.

"Well a little but I understand that a baby needs to be taken care of," she said cutely.

"Honey I will always love you and your siblings the same and nothing will change that" I kissed her forehead as she wiped her tears away.

"Promise?" She looked at me with her blue eyes that resemble mine, I almost felt like I was looking at myself.

"I promise baby" she jumped off my lap happy and ran out of the room to tell her siblings.

"You're an incredible mother sultana," Cennet said making me smile. Seconds later the doors were pushed open and a crying Fatma walked in making me frown.

"Fatma honey what happened" I let my stepdaughter into my arms feeling my heartbreak as the little girl sniffed.

"My mother is very sad she's been breaking stuff around the room and yelling at everyone" I frowned at the little girl. I stood up and handed her to Cennet before walking out of the room.

I walked into Kösem's room to find her sitting on the floor with Ayse beside her, she's been taking care of her since her mother died.

"Ayse honey leaves us alone" I ordered the small girl who ran out happily.

"Pull it together Kösem, you're scaring the girls!" I said angrily glaring down at the woman in front of me.

"If you don't end this pathetic act I'll order the aghas to take away the girls and I'm serious this time" she jumped up and ran to my feet kneeling in front of me holding my feet.

"No no no please don't take away my princesses they're all I have" she pleases making me scoff and pull away from her which caused her to fall on fours.

"Watch how you act. Every time I have a child you do the same thing and every time one of the girls comes over crying in fear. Be a real mother and be strong for them" I spit at her with as much venom as I can master before marching out to see the girls standing together, I patted their head before walking back to my room to breastfeed Kasim and spend some time with my children.

May Allah protect my Ahmed who's at war right now fighting those rebellions and ending them once and for all and I pray we never see dark days like the ones they made us see anytime soon especially if one of my kids becomes sultan.