Chapter 12

Williams POV

I groaned in annoyance as Norman fastened my armor to my body, he must of not been paying attention to what he was doing because this armor was obviously too tight.

"Sorry" he whispered

"You highness" he added again quickly.

Something was definitely up with norman, I have never seen him so uptight and clumsy. Norman is a very controlled, carful and calculated person, and yet he is stumbling around the place trying to gather the rest of my armer.

"Norman" I warned annoyed with his behavior.

"Yes" he said as he reached to grab my shoulder armer and strap it in to place.

"What has you so distracted?" I asked curiously.

"Nothing" he said but I could tell was lying.

I narrowed my eyes at him, letting him know I am not buying it at all. He just shrugged his shoulders.

"It's just that beth.." He began but I cut him off.

"Beth?" I said in surprise. "Isn't that Cora's maid?" I asked suspiciously.

"Yes." He answered

"Well?" I asked.

Is there something going on between them? I haven't noticed anything before, but truthfully I was not paying attention.

"Well, nothing. There's nothing going on." He said

"But you would like there to be." I asked as I gave him the eyebrows.

"It's not like that, beth is not like that, she has class." He said defensively.

"That Ruins everything" I said with a bored face.

I could tell norman was mad by the way his Jaw tightened.

"It's really none of your concern," he spat before remembering who he was talking to. Then he lowered his head and apologized.

For some reason I felt bad about what I said, He seems to like the girl. Normally the rude things I said to people wouldn't bother me, but norman is like family to me, even if I don't show it.

"So what's the problem?" I asked norman. "does she not like you?" I asked norman trying to understand.

"I don't know, I don't know if she's shy or just not interested." Norman said letting out a tired breath.

" what about princesses Cora?" He asked curiously.

I dragged my head over my face not wanting to even think about it.

"I don't fancy Cora. It's a arranged marriage, that is all" I said as i walked to the table and sat down. Norman brought over my breakfast and milk, I began eating right away.

"How could you not?" Norman asked surprised by my answer. "She is beautiful"

"She's not.." I started before I actually thought about it. I pictured her in my brain, long silky black hair that ran over her tanned skin, her brown eyes would Pierce you like daggers when she was angry with you. Her body shape looked like a hour glass , and her legs were thin yet muscular, and it seemed they ran for miles. I sucked in a breath surprised that I haven't noticed her Beauty before. She might look like a angel but I new that girl was hell.

"She is" I admitted. "But looks can't make up for a horrible personality. I don't want to spend the rest of my life with some bloodsucking she devil."

she intends to kill me. It's not just her uncle that wants me dead, she does as well. She seems to think I am some cold blooded killer. Why would her uncle feed her lies about me? Would it be because she wouldn't kill me if she new the truth? None of it really matters anyway, it does not change my situation, I am still engaged to a girl that already wanted to kill me before we even met. I need to act fast before she gets the upper hand, I just need to find out a little bit more about her and how she's like me first.

Norman looked at me as if I were crazy, His eyes narrowed "no disrespect your grace but that girl seems nothing but nice to me, I think your just walking through undiscovered territory."

I couldn't help but laugh on the inside at how right he was about the situation. Yes norman, I never been engaged to a assassin that wants me dead before.

I really wanted to tell him what was really going on but don't want to trouble him about it, plus he would never let me live down that I got my ass handed to me by a girl. So I just sucked in a breath, and put a hand on his shoulder.

"No, your right norman. The hole idea of being married really has me going nuts, thanks for pointing it out." I said trying to let him buy his own story. I only wish my problems were that simple.

"Anytime" norman said with a smile. Somehow I believed him.

"You should ask beth to go courting with you today."

"But don't I have to stay with you, your grace?" Norman asked surprised.

I guess I haven't really been that nice to norman over the years, I didn't mean to be so rude, well actually I did, but that's besides the point. I can live without Normans assistance for a few hours.

"I have to take lady Cora courting again this afternoon, my father insists upon it" I told norman annoyed.

I respected my father for wanting me to know the girl I am going to marry better and Vice versa, but if he only new what she is, and has done he wouldn't be so keen on me being with her, my mother and father are really looking forward to this Unity, I only wish it was a simple girl that wasn't a crazy killer that I was supposed to marry. Either way it wouldn't matter, she will try to kill me again soon and I will have no choice but to end her.

"I won't be needing your assistance for a few hours while I am courting with Cora, you may take that time to do whatever you please."

Norman looked at me with a confused face, wondering why I wouldn't just give him more things to do. Never the less he nodded, and gave me his thanks as he left the room with my empty plate.

My head spun as I got up to fast after I ate. It was time to go welcome my mother at her arrival, hopefully she wouldn't like Cora as much as my father seems to.

**********************************

Another update! I am happy that I have the time to give you guys fast updates! Anyway tell me your thoughts about the story so far, and don't forget to vote! (Mariska98)