Chapter 37

James POV

"You have a nice day your grace" I said as I finished my outburst with the prince.

I tuned and headed for the door. "If that's even possible for you" I said to myself even though I new very well that he could hear me, the problem was I didn't really care. If the prince wanted to kill me then so be it, as far as I am concerned it is the only way out of this mess besides betraying Cora that my family doesn't end up dead. As I tuned the hall I head swift footsteps up ahead, as if trying to hide. I leaped forward and slammed whoever was spaying on me into the wall forcefully. I found myself face to face with ruby, who was way to close to me for my liking. She smiled seductively. "Kinky" she whispered as I let go of her immediately, ready to vomit on her.

"Do you always speak to royalty that way?" She asked as she pushed herself off of the wall and straightened out the large Jules that Hung from her neck, a nice little reminder of the money hungry she devil that stood In front of me.

"No, but he deserved it" I said as I thought back to all the things I said to him, and the priceless reaction on his face that I would cherish forever.

She smiled at me, and laughed. It wasn't one of her fake smiles, or one of her annoying practiced girly laughs. It was genuine. "I've been wanting to say some of those things to him for a very long time" she said as she through her red hair behind her back. It was so long it must have hung past her butt.
"And the 'your highn-ass' part was classic" she said truly amused. I looked her over oddly, not sure where she was getting at. Her eyes caught mine as she noticed my confusion. She batted her thick long eyelashes at me. "Minus well take the compliment sugar, they don't come easy."

I rolled my eyes at her as I made my way out of the Castle halls and into the courtyard. I heard the clicking of Ruby's heels following behind me.  I turned swiftly around. "What are you doing?" I asked annoyed.

"What does it look like genius? I'm following you" she said in Blunt honesty.

"Why" I asked

"Because I am bored, and I find you amusing" she said as she looked at her nails, examining the chipped pant. 

"I am not one of your Toys Ruby" I hissed.

"You see" she said. "That's what I like about you James, you are not afraid to say exactly what your thinking. Unlike my poor cousin Norman. He has spent most if his life with that pig and still somehow treats him with respect, even when he's not around his prince. I can never say a bad thing about him without Norman snapping at me." She finished.

I looked her over, wondering why she is even speaking to me. "It's called loyalty" I said. "Something you would know nothing about" I said as I turned back around and made my way to the stables, with Ruby close behind.

I could hear her laughing softly under her breath behind me as I made my way Into the stables. "You think you've got me all figured out don't you?" She asked.

I thought about her willingness to do whatever it takes to get her money, no metter what, or who is in the way. "Yeah," I said glancing at her as I grabbed the pitchfork. "I think I do"

She smiled to herself obviously hiding something, but didn't say a word. She looked around the stables, examining everything like a picky rich girl. "It sure is dusty in here"

I rolled my eyes at her. "Thank you. I wound of never known if you wouldn't had pointed it out. Here's a thought, maybe you can help, since it's bothering you so much" I said as I through a broom at her as she caught it in shock.

She looked at me in disbelief, as she went to set the broom down. I walked up to her and stopped her, placing my hand on hers so she couldn't set the Broom down. She looked at my hand for a little bit, then back up to me.

"You either help me clean this place up or get out of my hair. I have no use for just you and your big mouth here" I said.

she smiled "well I could think of a few things," she said before I cut her off.

"Oh just Shut up" I said a little surprised that a lady could have such a wicked mind. Although she wasn't really your typical lady now was she?

She huffed a little before she ripped my hand off of hers and took the broom "fine" she said as she looked around the room as if she were trying to solve the hardest of puzzles, I guess she never really cleaned before.

She gripped the broom like it was her life force and began Brooming  in long soft strides as if she wanted to be gentle to the wood floor. I couldn't help but laugh at how ridiculous she looked. She wore a long red dress that was fit for a queen, and her hair was in long red waves behind her back that was no doubt styled that way, and her hells, they were the best part, when she would walk across the floor while brooming she'd be wobbling everywhere. Her eyes met mine and I could swear they were flaming. "It's not funny" she said As her pointed thin hell got caught in the wooded floor crack and she fell right onto a pile of hay.

"Yes, it really is" I said as I made my way over to pull her onto her feet and she grabbed my shoulders to steady herself. She looked up into my eyes and just stared at them for the longest time. I began to feel a bit uncomfortable. She snapped out of it then looked at her hands that rested on my shoulders and backed away. She looked a bit confused as she muttered "sorry" and walked off.

                              ~~~

Please vote and comment you thoughts!