Chapter 2

I pulled the Hood of my red velvet cloak over my head, masking my appearance.

Only a handful of trusted people knew about My real purpose in my uncles court. To the rest of the world I was a spoiled brat who had the king for a uncle and never wanted to leave my room. For their safety, as well as mine it had to stay that way.

I nodded to the guards and they opened the gates of the castle. I squinted my eyes as they adjusted to the light of the Bright day. I began walking out the doors and down the castle steps to be greeted by my beloved mare that I had since childhood. One of the last gifts my father gave me before his tragic murder at the hands of ruffians.

She was beautifully white and as sweet as they come. But fast and steady when you need her to be.

I smiled and stroked her mane. I looked up and saw my good friend was holding my mare. I smiled.

James had brown hair that was always shaggy and fell in his big green eyes. He had a strong build to go with a strong face. He was only a few inches taller then me, but being a regular size woman myself he was not at all short. To the average person I bet he'd be very intimidating. He was wearing his groomsmen uniform, complete with my uncles crest embroidered into his breast pocket.

"Good morning your majesty" he said respectfully.

"James" I warned poking him in the shoulder with my finger. He said nothing but I could see a faint smile forming across his lips.

Me and James have known each other for as long as I can remember. I slightly laugh as I remember when we were both 10 and I told him to never call me "your majesty" again. But James is a stubborn lad and he just won't take no for an answer. But that's the side of him I liked the most.

"I Apologize for calling you your Majesty..... Your majesty" he said in a mockingly serious manner and we both ended up bursting out in laughter.

"A princess such as yourself should not have such an unladylike outburst." He mimicked my childhood nursemaid.

"Silence stableboy or I'll have you demoted to the master of the pig pens." I replied sarcastically.

"I am not sure Lily would be too fond on that idea." He argued, stroking my Lilys mane with his callused hands.

Lily turned her head slightly and nestled into Jameses touch. She really liked him. He's been taking care of her, and the other horses at the stable since he was big enough to grasp a shovel.

That's how we met in fact. I walked out to the stables one day when I was seven to check on Lily and there was James giving her a Apple. I Guess jealousy took over because I was so furious with him that I told him if he ever touched my Mare again I would have his head on a stick and parade it around town. Now looking back on it I might have been an angry child. Anyways soon after that he told me that he was just taking care of her and had no Intentions of stealing her friendship away from me. Since then we have been very good friends.
Every time I found a spare moment I would make my way to see him. Of course my uncle never approved of our friendship....

"Are you ok Cora?" He said with concern written all over his face. I snapped out of memory lane and look him in the eyes.

"Cora? Doesn't that sound wonderful?" I said at the fact that he referred to me by name instead of some title that I did not want or need.

He smiled then sighed in defeat.

"Where does your lovely uncle have you going now my lady?" He said in a sarcastic manner.

He knows full and well that I despise my uncle. I told James pretty much everything about my life. He is my dearest friend.

I shrugged. I did not want to worry him with my duties.

"It really doesn't matter. But when I get back I will tell you all about it" I promised

"Alright. Just be carful. I mean it. You're the only one in the whole palace that doesn't treat me like some dog. So please just come home safe."

I smiled at the thought that someone is actually concerned for my well-being. My uncle has never told me once too be careful or safe. He only tells me to get the job done.

"Ok. But only if you try not to work to hard." I protested knowing that there is a shortage of staff at the stables.

He smiled one of his bright smiles that can make any day just that much better.

"As you wish, my lady."

With that I let him help me up on my mare. No I did not need the help and I am perfectly capable of getting on a horse by myself but I guess it makes James feel 'all manly' so I went along with it.

"Until next time my lady" he said as I Gently edged on my mare and sped off in the morning sun.

I turned my head around to see James one last time.

"Till next time James."

**********************************

I rode horseback for what felt like hours. I must of only been about half way there and was already tired and sore.

"the faster you get this done the sooner you'll get home...." I thought to myself.

At dusk I finally arrived in Sireen, the Capitol city of Validor. I stopped at the first inn I passed and boarded Lily in the stable. After making sure the young stable boy would see to her food and rest, I slipped out and headed for the huge gothic castle that stood in the center of town.

I spotted several heavily armored guards at the gate. Closing my eyes I willed myself to transcend into invisibility.

This is what makes me a weapon, a skill I don't ever remember not having. The ability to become a human chameleon, to turn Invisible. That, added to my inhuman stealth, heightened senses, and warrior like reflexes made me the perfect assassin.

I walk right past the guards with ease and slip into the nearest wing of the monstrous brown castle. Which turned out to be the armory.

The back of a man greeted me, the man was tall, and he appeared to be arming himself. He turned halfway and a small but wicked grin crept to his lips, as if he knew a secret of great value. This grin remained on his face as he carefully selected a sword off the wall.

I found myself in utter awe at his presence. I was frozen on the spot, He was beautiful. My eyes roamed his leather and armor clad body hungrily. He had to be one of the gods themselves. Broad shoulders, strong jawline, Bronze skin, piercing brown eyes, and raven black locks of curly hair.

Still grinning he sheathed his sword
I took full advantage of gazing at him without him being able to know I was there, I never really felt my powers to be a gift but now... Now I didn't mind so much

As he came closer my eyes wandered there way to his lips. He had such full lips that look so kissable. I was suddenly fighting back the strong urge to reach out to him. I think.. I think I wanted to kiss him. I mentally slapped my self for having such impure thoughts. This was not like me, i had never so much as given a second look to any male.

"Hey woman, my face is up here." He chuckled, staring right at me.

"Sorry... Wait, what?!? You can see me?!? "

********************************************************

Dah dah dah. Plot twist!!😬

Who is he and how can he see her?? 😈

Please always vote and comment your thoughts👌