Chapter 18

I sucked in a breath as I felt his hand slide down to the small of my back to sturdy me, we both stood there for a moment not moving, i stood there in shock while William stood there looking at me full of concern, he grabbed both of my shoulders with his hands and stepped back, he pushed my body one way looking it over, then the other. It looked like he was expecting himself to find a broken bone, or a horrible scratch from the fall. However he found nothing. I could of swore I saw him smile lightly in relief but then again I could just be seeing things..

He looked me In the eyes once again as if coming back to himself, his face lost it's concern. He let his hands fall off my shoulders then to his Sides as he stepped back.

"Being a klutz isn't an attractive quality in a woman." He said bluntly

Well isn't it a good thing I don't give a damn about who does and does not find Me attractive, I thought before giving him the classic go to hell Look as I started to walk the large second floor library, it seemed a little smaller then when I last came up, which was only a few months ago, but it must of just been the amount of books that the library received recently making it look smaller. After me and William walked around for a while, I was turned facing a bookshelf when heard William nock over a few books out of a stack from behind me. I turned around immediately to find him starring down at a old dark blue book he picked up from the stack of newly delivered books spread out across the floor. He looked at it oddly before flipping through the pages.

Suddenly a door swag open from the other side of the room and A old man with a long gray beard and old gray eyes came in. I assumed him to be one of the library keepers. He went straight up to William and snatched the book right out if his hands. William looked displeased and his fists tightened.

"Those books haven't been gone through yet and are not out for public display" the old man said through a thick accent.

"Do you know who I am?" William asked cockily.

"Yes, and frankly I don't really care. I am under direct Orders from king Xavier not to let anyone read the books until they are went through. you might be a prince young man, but you nor your father have the ability to disobey a direct order from the king when your on his land. He has been nice to you and your father, showing you two the upmost hospitality, I suggest you don't start Confliction" the old man warned.

He picked up the stack of books on the floor then walked to the other side of the room and placed them inside a desk, then he sat at his chair and just starred at us, as If he were a Hawk and we were his prey. I felt extremely uncomfortable so I nudged on Williams arm for us to go back down the steps. William threw the old man a angry glance before I started to make my way back to the stairs. Right before I started to clim down then backwards William put his hand in front of My waist stopping me.

"You almost killed yourself last time princess ." He said as he crossed his arms.

"I would've been fine, we heal fast remember?"

"That always had me curious you know, what would happen if we were to brake our necks? Would it kill us? Or just severely injure us? He said as he stepped closer to me with a smile.

"I don't kno.." I said but couldn't finish. He was getting awfully close. He came straight up to me. He was so close I could feel his breath on my face

"What do you say we test it out?" He said as he grabbed my shoulders and pushed me back over edge so fast that I tried reaching for him on reflex scared of falling. His hands still on my shoulders as he held me out over the edge. I tried moving and wiggling to get out of his grip but couldn't, I was at a disadvantage because I wasn't Balanced at the moment.

"William cut it out." I said truly scared. How did I not see this coming? He is trying to kill me? "Your not even a Little Curious to see what would happen?" He asked as he pushed me a bit feather out.

What do I do? I looked down to my side but there was no sword. I looked back up into his eyes, my own widened with fear, and his lips were lined with a wicked smile.

"Goodbye my princess" he said evilly as I felt my body jerk more away from him. I could not remember a time that i was truly scared. but this was the first. The next thing i new I was being grabbed bridal style before I felt myself begin to fall, I clung to whatever there was supporting me and closed my eyes in fear, I felt a soft yet swift impact and after a few moments I opened my eyes. I found myself on the first floor again in Williams arms, did he jump? I looked up into those dark eyes and found a little light in them, he was smiling as if he were truly happy with himself.

I tried to jerk myself free from his arms remembering the hole trying to kill me thing that just happened but his hold on me was incredibly tight and I couldn't brake free.

"Not so fierce and fearless after all" he said as he smiled and set me down. So it was all a game? He didn't want to kill me after all? He just wanted to scare the living daylights out of me.. he succeeded.

I slapped him in the face so hard but his head barley moved and he still wore that smug smile on his face.

"Why would you do that? Your un immature hatful human being.. No not even that.. Your still the pig you were when I met you" I screamed truly angry.

"Calm down Cora," William said losing his smile. "Your going to make people come to see what's wrong with you"

"What's wrong with me?" I said furiously "well why don't I just tell them the truth, that the prince just tried to kill me!"

"Cora, don't be ridiculous. If I wanted to kill you I would've just pushed you down, but instead I saved you the trouble of climbing back down and hurting yourself. You should really be thanking me." He said as he stepped closer to me with his hands raised in surrender.

I thought it over and it did make seance, if he wanted to hurt me he would not of pulled me Into his arms as he jumped. But still he is a ass for scaring the hell out of me.

"What you should be more concerned about is those books upstairs that your uncle doesn't want anyone to read, I read a few lines out of a old Generals Journal from about 18 years ago and if I am not mistaken it looked like your father sighed something giving him permission to start a war, did you know of any wars that happened back then?" He asked curiously.

A war? As far as I known our kingdom has been peaceful for hundreds of years, how could there have been a war that happened recently that I didn't know about? I shook my head then looked upstairs. We have to get back up there and read those books. I need to know.

As if reading my mind William nodded and said

"We will sneak in late tonight when the whole castle is asleep"

***

another chapter!! Added some more story line and suspense for you guys! Please vote and comment your thoughts!