Chapter 41

James POV.

I never been one to trust easily. I have seen way to much Deception in my lifetime for that. The only person I trusted completely was Cora. She has always looked out for me and never once lied to me. That's why at first I couldn't tell James or William anything about beth. I thought that if I told William that Xavier wanted Cora to kill him then he would simply kill Cora to end his problems. But listening to Norman speak so sincerely and highly of Williams affections towards Cora made me think otherwise. If he would risk his own life in letting her kill him then telling him the truth won't be so much different from that situation.

The only thing I now feared was Norman. Once I told him the truth behind Beth's disappearance he would surly try to free her, putting my family in grave danger for ratting out Xavier. Surely there had to be another way. I thought i was going at this alone, but maybe I didn't have to anymore.

"You have to promise me that you won't let Norman do anything foolish if I tell you" I said to William. I could feel the anger radiating off of Norman.

William thought it over before he eventually nodded his head.

"And you have to promise me that you won't let William do anything stupid if I tell you about Xavier's plans for Cora" I said to norman this time. I was undoubtably serious, nothing about this Conversation was going to lead to laughs.

"What plans for Cora?" William said with his eyes wide as his hand went down to his sword on instinct.

I looked to norman then bobbed my head towards William as if telepathically saying 'this is what I'm talking about'

He shook his head without hesitation, knowing good and well that He wouldn't let William do anything stupid anyways. That was already his lifelong job.

"His plans to have William killed of corse" I said calmly.

Norman instinctively stepped in front of William protectively. "His what?!" He asked. "What plans?" "Are you involved in these plans?" He accused as He stepped back forcing William to step back with him.

William stood a head or more higher then Norman and they both probably knew he wouldn't do much good in protecting him but that wouldn't stop the tiny blonde bodyguard from trying.

"No!" I defended. "Not directly"

William was glaring at Me in anger.

"And to think that Cora actually trusts you" he spat.

I rolled my eyes. "Do you ever get tired from jumping to conclusions?" I asked but didn't bother waiting for a reply.
Instead I decided to take the more serious route.

"He has my family" i said as I tried to mask my pain. "He will kill them if I don't do as he asks"

William stepped out from behind Norman and came up to his side so they were both facing me.

"I'm sorry" William said. "What exactly is the king forcing you to do?"

I ran my fingers down my hair brushing it back. I guess it was time to finally let this weight off of my chest.

"He has me keeping a eye on Cora, making sure she is going to go through with it." He said.

"And by it you mean me? Killing me?" William asked as I nodded my head.

"Xavier makes me tell him everything. He has me ratting out Cora." I said in disgust.

I noticed the sympathy they both had in there eyes for me. I guess they could tell that This whole situation is driving me mad.

"She has no choice but to kill you" I continued before William cut me off. "Everyone has a choice." He said.

At this i snapped my head up at William. "Do you think I am the only one Xavier is blackmailing? You do understand where Beth fits into this puzzle don't you?" I asked William but got Normans attention instead.

"He's holding her as leverage, isn't he?" Norman asked with complete sadness and anger over taking him at the same time.

I turned my head towards him with sympathy in my eyes. "Yes. If Cora doesn't do what he asks, he will have her killed"

Normans entire being jumped at the thought. "William has told me that she to is special like him. Why doesn't she just bust Cora out of there?" He asked?

"The king has threatened to do harm to everyone she cares about including his own sister, her mother. Freeing Beth will only anger Xavier, and put the rest of the people she cares about in grave danger."

William to, gave norman a look of sympathy. One that looked so foreign on his face.

"We will figure something out Norman. Nothing's going to happen to Beth. I promise." William said to norman.

"We better hurry then." I said "In case you haven't noticed your wedding is practically tomorrow considering it's almost midnight."

William snapped his head to Me "Wait! Why is Xavier waiting till we get married to have Cora kill me?"

I looked around the room awkwardly. I guess there is no un awkward way to say this.

"Well you see, Xavier first wants you to impregnate Cora, that way when you die your child will be the rightful Ruler of both kingdoms. Since the child will not be old enough to rule, Xavier will be more then happy to step up and 'assist'." I explained.

"What makes Xavier think that 'one time' will be enough to impregnate Cora?" Norman asked a little awkwardly but none the less curious.

"I don't know, but he is thinks it's enough." I said "now back on topic." I said looking at norman again this time.

Knowing that he is already going thorough so much I really didn't want to tell him this. But he wouldn't be safe if I didn't, none of us would.

"You might think I'm crazy, lying or both, but please trust me on this. Stay away from Ruby." I warned.

"Why?" Norman asked very confused and concerned about his cousin. "Is he blackmailing her two?" He asked in shock.

I shook my head, wishing that that was the case.

"I am sorry norman but it's worse" I said. "She's working with him"

~~~

Well they finely know! What do you thinks going to happen next?

Please vote and comment your thoughts

Mariska98