Chapter 9

Prince Williams POV

The grip my fiancé and would be assassins had on my arm was near deadly as walked into the throne room. It was hard to believe this warrior woman was my betrothed.

She had come out to kill me at the barn. I knew the king of this land was cruel, but to turn a princess into an assassin was just unthinkable.

But another thought occurred to me. Why would she try to kill me before I met her father, my death on this land would only spark a war. Why would her uncle go through all the legalities of trying to bond us in marriage just as a lure to try and assassinate me a second time? After I had already seen her face?

Something was not right with this plot. I'm going to let her live long enough to unravel this mystery.

"Ahh I see you and my son have already been acquainted" my father says to Cora with a smile. I could tell by his tone of voice that he really liked the girl. Sorry father but she's a crazy woman who's mission is to see my head on a stick...but luckily for him, I won't be mentioning that minor detail.

"Yes" she said in complete innocence as the most believable smile crosses her face. She looked every bit of a princesses and nothing like the girl I knew she was. It was hard to believe that a pretty, meek little thing like her could be so deadly.

"Phillips this is my son William." My father said to the king.

"It's nice to meet you sir" I said to Cora's father king Xavier as I bowed slightly at the waist in respect.

"Come and sit with us. We have agreed upon the terms and conditions of the marriage. We must discuss them and make sure that you both agree." King Xavier said to us both.

After I pulled out a Seat for Cora and helped her in I took a seat myself In between my father and Cora.

"Norman" my father called out to him and Norman immediately came to his side. "Yes your majesty?"

"Read over the terms of the marriage for us"

"As you wish your grace" Norman said respectfully as he took the scroll from my fathers hands and opened it. He cleared his throat and began.

" Terms of matrimony between ~Princess Cora Isabel Encarr~ and ~Prince William Morgan Lerwick~"

"Marriage joins kingdoms in alliance of marital unity. Up on the death of King Xavier Lerwick, Prince William will take the thrown and princess Cora will become his queen to the kingdom of Valador. If King Phillips Encarr does not have a child before his death to carry on the line of Encarr, then Cora will become Ruling Queen of the kingdom of Burgundy, as she is the next in line. If that is the case then the royal couple must spend 6 months out of a year in each kingdom. Princess Cora also agrees to bare the children of prince William. In a case where princesses Cora can not produce a child for the line, prince William may void the marriage and seek a bride who is fertile."

Norman finished reading the terms and looked at my father, then awaited his orders.

"Is there anything either of you would like to add?" King Phillips said looking at me and Cora.

Me and Cora looked at one another and I swear she was throwing daggers with her eyes but then she put a smiled on her face and turned back to her father.

"Yes" she stated sweetly.
Her uncle Eyes flashed in what seemed to be anger. But it soon faded.

"If Prince William is infertile then I would like the right to void The contract." She stated.

My father thought it over and then smiled.

"Princess, my son is as fertile as any stallion in your stables." My father said with a laugh.

I felt my cheeks grow worm with embarrassment.

"But if that's what you wish my dear then we abide it." My father agreed

"Good, I think you both covered everything then " Cora said

"So do I" I agree as well, tired of this charade of niceties.

"Very well" my father says as he took the scroll from Norman, next he wrote down the new term then handed it to me.

I placed it down on the table then I picked up a back feather and dipped it into ink and then sighed the contract. Then I handed Cora the contract and feather. She looked it over with a displeased face. But after a few moments she shrugged and signed it as well.

"Very good" my father said to king Phillips as he stood from his chair and extended his hand, the king shook it and then walked over to me. I stood up and took his hand as well.

"Congratulations son" he said.

My father walked to Cora and kissed her on top of her hand.

"Now princess, I understand that this may not be what you want right now. Believe me I would understand if that's how you feel. My wife and I were married under the same circumstances and we didn't like it either. But my god I couldn't live without that woman now." He said with a laugh.

"You can't just sign a paper and be happy, it will take time. My son is not a bad man, he will treat you right. All I ask is you give him the same chance my wife gave me many years ago. And who knows! You could end up twice as happy as we are." I had to smile at my dad's speech. There was no doubt in my mind that my father loved my mother with everything he had. I just wished he was saying it to a nice girl that I would actually end up marrying. He is going to be greatly be disappointed.

Cora put on a believable smile as she thanked my father.

"What do you like to do for fun child?" My father asked Cora.

She looked confused. But then responded. "I like archery" She answers "I mean, I like watching Archery" she corrected herself to keep up her gentle facade.

"Very well then. I'll have my son take you to the archery Court after midday meal, so you may get to know one another." My father said to a very displeased looking Cora but that fake smile of hers was still plastered over her face.

"I would be honored your grace. "

*********************************

Another chapter for you guys! Hope you like it! Tell me your thoughts and as always please leave a like👍. You guys are great! (Mariska98)