Chapter 38

Cora's POV

~~~

I began to visit Beth regularly in the Dungeons every few hours or so to make sure she was alright. I didn't even bother sneaking past the guards anymore since they didn't really seem to mind me talking to beth at all. I knew that that was at my uncles orders of corse, he thought it would be best if I was aloud to see her. He probably thought it would keep me motivated to do as he asks. He was right

I Brought her real food instead of letting her eat what the guards would bring her. She would gobble it down without a question asked, and the plate would be empty in seconds. She began looking a bit better but she definitely needed to get out of here. The lack of sun light and movement has made her pale and weak. I thought about that as I watched her swallow the last of her food down, she looked up at me thankfully.

"Would you like to get out of here for a little while?" I asked

She smiled softly as she put her weight on the bars and guided herself down to sit on the floor.

"Look around Cora" she said. "I don't know why your uncle even let's you in here to talk to me but I doubt that he will just let you walk out with me"

I smiled, knowing that it was finally time to tell her about my gifts.

"Promise me you won't freak out?" I asked her.

"Freak out about what? Your making no sense Cora"

I smiled as I simply walked off from her cell making sure to be out of her view before turning invisible. I made my way up to the guards, then simply lifted the keys from there belts without a notice. As I walked back to Beth's cell I made myself visible again. She stood from the floor and looked at the keys that I was dangling in front of me with amusement. Her eyes widened at the sight of the keys as I ponied at the locks, asking her permission if I can open them. She nodded not really believing it.

"How did you get the keys? Why would they just give them to you?" She asked confused.

"They didn't just 'give them to me' " I said with a wink. "Now come on" I said pushing the cell door open and grabbing her hand.

As we made our way around the corner hall she pulled back on my hands but didn't let go, it was a gesture to stop me.

"They are not just going to let us walk by" she said pointing to the guards that were just around the corner.

I smiled. "Yes they are, just trust me" I said

She looked at me for a short while, before nodding her head. We began walking again. I shut my eyes for a brief moment as I turned myself invisible. Since I was holding Beth's hand, she to was invisible, yet she didn't know it. To her surprise we walked right past the guards and out of the dungeon. She looked very confused as to why they just 'let us by'.

As soon as we were out of eye sight she let my hand go. "What's going on? What kind of deal did you make with those guards?" She asked, not she what to think.

"I didn't make any deal Beth" I said truthfully.

"Then why did they just let us walk by?" She asked.

"They didn't"

"But how?" She Asked before I cut her off. "Beth, please keep hold of my hand. I can't have anyone seeing you." I said as I snatched her hand.

She looked up at me confused. "I just don't understand"

"I know, and I can't really explain, but let me show you." I said with a smile as I made my way out to the courtyard.

It looked as any other normal day would. Children ran around the fountains in joy as they playfully splashed one another. Wealthy Mothers walked in the gardens as they Conversed. Fathers would walk the market, looking for the best seeds to by for the upcoming harvest season. I watched as Beth took it all in, no doubt missing every bit of it.

"You see these people?" I asked her.

"Of corse I do" she said not really paying attention.

"Well, they can't exactly see us" I put it as gently as I possibly could.

"Don't be silly" she said with a small giggle.

I smiled. Not surprised by her denial. "Do you know anyone here?" I asked.

"I know everyone here" she said happily, grateful to be back in the world of the living.

"Let's go talk to someone then" I said as I yanked on her hand and walked up to the first person I saw, which happened to be a very cute little boy by the name of David. he was the son of a very wealthy widow who paid good money to live in the Castile walls.

"Hello David" I said sweetly to the little boy, knowing good and well that he wouldn't be able to hear me.

Beth looked at him oddly as he didn't respond. She must of thought it very rude of him.

"Your such a brat" I spat at him. She widened her eyes and waited for the kid to whip around in anger but he never did.

"Are you alright child" Beth asked the child in concern but again to no response.

"This is what I have been trying to tell you Beth. He can't see or hear you. None of them can." I said pointing around.

She looked around in shock before meeting my eyes. "And your doing this?" She asked looking down at my hand in hers.

"Yes" I replied.

"That's how we got passed the guards!" she said in a gasp.

I nodded my head.

I noticed something in the far end of the courtyard that made my heart pond. William

Beth followed my gaze. She saw norman beside William as she tried to jerk from my hand to run to him but I pulled her back. "We have to get out of here before William sees us" I said in panic.

"I thought no one could see us" she said as I dragged her out of the court yard. I looked down at her, knowing I would have some major explaining to do.

"He can"

~~~~

Hope you like it. Please vote and comment your thoughts

Mariska98.