Chapter 34

Cora's POV

I made my way to Xavier's room, easily pushing back the guards who tried to stop me from entering unannounced.
His head lifted in surprise from his books as it met mine. I marched over to his desk and put my hands down on it, staring at him evilly.

"How could you do that? How could you banish all of the royals? How did I not know about this?" I yelled.

Instead of him being angry at my outburst like I thought he would be, he simply dolled his eyes, looking very bored.

"To answer your first question dear, I am king, I do what I want" he said with a prude mocking smile.

"Secondly, banishing all of the royals, stopped everyone from the idea of a hostile takeover, securing my place as king. It's basic chess Cora"  he said as he continue flipping through papers.

He then stopped what he was doing and set everything down as if he were about to tell me something actually worthwhile.

"Thirdly, the reason you didn't realize it is because your not as smart as you look" he said truthfully. "Never thought it odd that the only other royal in the kingdom is your mother, and she doesn't even live within the castle walls?"  

I took a step back, taking everything in, Wondering how anyone could grow up to become this cruel. I also wondered how I grew up to be so dumb and naïve. Maybe if I would have put the pieces together sooner, I wouldn't have to deal with a psychopathic uncle for the rest of my life. I took a step closer to him, for the first time in my life not truly scared.

"How could you be so cruel?" I Asked desperately wanting to know, remembering all of the horrors of the past, all of the things he made me do, the people he made me kill thinking that they deserved it and were killers. The many life's he killed up in the mountains, the people he slaughtered that were just like me. The way he kidnapped beth, and nocked her over the head into unconsciousness right In front of me. She looked so weak in the dungeon, so scared and all alone. And now I find that he banished all of the royals in fear that they may over throw him? How many family's had he thrown out on the streets? With nothing and no where to go? How many other family's is he using as leverage?

He looked me in the eyes and smiled. He starting rubbing his chin as if thinking for the right words, then he simply just waved both hands In front if him. "Because it's fun" he said nonchalantly as he raised his eyebrows am laughed. "Like this," he continued. "This is fun. Watching you all sad and confused, pretty pathetic actually. probably having daddy issues right about now?" He put his head down and shook it looking at the floor quite pleased with himself. "You ever even ask my sister who your father is? Or is that something that just smart children these days want to know? But then again I am not really a 'kids guy' you know" He said saying the last part using his fingers in quotation motions.

  "You are insane!" I spat, in the realization that he has gone mad. He didn't responded, in fact it was like he didn't even hear me.

"Uncle, I will stop you, you will not get away with this" I hissed.

To my surprise he got up off his desk, and walked to me with a loving smile. This man was definitely losing it.

He came close and grabbed both of my cheeks, giving them a uncomfortable squeeze as if I were a mere child.

"Your so cute when your stupid" he said as he let my cheeks go. Then just as soon as his smile came it faded. He looked at me in Dead seriousness. "Trying Anything would be very foolish child, but I amuse Beth already filled you in on that since you know about the royals." He turned away walking back to his desk as if he were done speaking with me but soon changed his mind and turned towards me with anger in his eyes. "I know where you sleep Cora. I know where your friends sleep. I know where the old man that runs the archery course that you seem to favor so much sleeps. Or maybe I'll take a trip to the Stables and have some fun cutting your mare to bits."

I sucked in a breath of shock. Tears starting to form but I did my best to bite them back. Seeing me weak would only get him off in some sick twisted way.

"I have eyes and ears everywhere child. He continued. "So please do go ahead and kill me. I think death would be worth your suffering and Grief" 

In that moment I believed him. He would gladly die knowing that the loss of my friends and family would  Destroy me.

"Now run along and do your part. Play the dumb little princesses that must not take much acting to begin with. You do as I say when I say it and we all win. I get what I want and you get to go to sleep knowing the blood of your friends won't be on your hands tonight."

I felt as if I have just been thrown through a brick wall. There would be no escaping this, no Escaping him. Everything he would ever want would come to pass because he knew that the life's of many always outweigh the life of one. William 

He looked at my reaction and was satisfied. He then simply pointed to the door. All that was said was all he needed to say.  Before the door to his chambers closed behind me I heard two final words come from his mouth that left me in goosebumps of fear.

"Checkmate"

~~~

Please vote and comment your thoughts❤️❤️

~Mariska98~