Chapter 4

I ran faster then I've ever run before. I didn't even know where I was going till I saw the inn where my beloved mare was in. I quickly reache down to my satchel where I kept my Golden and silver coins and tossed a large amount to the boy.

His face widened in shock.
"Oh my lady, I could simply not take this much! My master will think I stole it!"

I didn't bother looking at him again, or even engage conversation for the matter. I simply mounted my mare and galloped off in to the night.

How can the prince be like me? I thought I was the only one? I have to be the only one? I am just a freak of nature, probably product of some evil black magic. Nothing more. But yet there he is, the same as I. What's going on? Soon I was lost in my thoughts and battling my own mind, questioning my sanity.

Before I even new it my mare stopped.

Where am I? i was not paying attention to where I was going. I looked around but was blinded by the dark.

Then through the darkness I could see an old familiar cabin that was barely visible in the blanket of shadow the night cast upon the earth. With only only the light of a single candle shining through the window.

I dismounted my mare and tied her to the post. Even without thinking, my subconscious brought me here, the one person who just might be able to help me. I ran closer and closer, my lungs felt like they were on fire. I needed to see him. I needed him to comfort me. To tell me i haven't gone completely mad. I needed my best friend.

When I reached the door of the hut that perched just on the outskirts of the capitol city, I didn't even bother knocking. I pushed it open and walked through the house. Passing the kitchen, and dining area, then upstairs to James's bedroom.

I slowly pushed the door open and stepped inside. It was completely dark. I could only make out the site of his bed from the shining of the bright full moon.

Yet something was off. There was no one In the bed. Where is James?

Just then I felt a sharp pain in the back of my next.

"Make one move and I'll be mopping up your blood off the floor In the morning." a angry yet familiar voice That belonged to James said.

Soon the realization came to me that James was holding a dagger to the back of my neck, obviously thinking that I am a thief in his home.

"James." I spoke in such a small broken voice that I hardly recognized.

Immediately I heard a metal clink against the wood floor and the pain in my neck subsided.

"Lady Cora!" James exclaimed as he turned me around and pulled me into his arms.

"I am so sorry. I didn't know it was you. Are you ok? are you hurt"
His hand wrapped around my waist. Soon he pulled back with a unsettling look on his face. He pulled up his hand and held it towards the candle, his hand was covered in blood, My blood!

He then pushed me back and turned me around. Then he quickly picked up the candle and held it to the back of my neck so he could see what damage he had done.

"Dammit!" he cursed, putting his hands on his head and beginning to pace the room.

"James please stop. I am fine. It's just a little blood. I heal faster then you and also have a higher pain tolerance as well, so trust me I am completely fine." I did my best at reassuring him.
"If anything you should be yelling at me for entering your home in the middle of the night" I continued.