35

James POV
~~~~~

I had just returned from yet another meeting with the king if that's what you'd like to call it. I felt disgusted with myself, I felt trapped. Taking with him about Cora made me want to bite off my tongue if I thought it would help, But the king has lost his mind, he would kill my family for spite if I couldn't rat out Cora anymore. Turning the hall I bumped into something hard that sent me tumbling to the ground. I looked up to see that it was William. Great, just bloody great. It's bad enough I had to just deal with a raging lunatic, but now I had to deal with a egotistic moth. I found myself looking up to the havens for a split second wondering to god what I ever did to him.

"A apology would be nice" he said as he turned his face sideways to look down at me. I had just about enough of his attitude as I was going to take.

"Yes, it would." I said as his manservant run up and offered his hand to help me up. I took it And stood, dusting myself off. I looked up to william and smiled, putting one hand on his shoulder and looking him directly in the eyes, as he and his manservant looked at my movements in Disbelief. "When you are ready, you know where to find me."

As I walked away, I heard him huffing behind me, as if trying to find something to say.

He finely yelled out to me. "I could have your head for this"

I turned around swiftly and marched right back up to him.

"Please do, it would be a blessing" I said coldly, as I rendered him speechless.

He opened his mouth to speak before I lifted my hand up stopping him.

"It's my turn to talk your highn-ass" I said as Williams manservant stepped in front of him in a protective manner. William looked at me for a moment, seeing the anger in my eyes, then he looked to his manservant as if remembering something.

To my surprise he told his manservant which he referred to as 'Norman' to step aside assuring him it was alright. Then he nodded at me to continue.

~~~

Williams POV

"Norman, it's alright." I said as he went to his stand once again beside be instead of In front of me. Normally I would have called the guards on James long ago, but something about him made me not. The way he was filled with rage and hatred reminded me of Norman, who not so long ago, wore the same look. I surprised myself when I nodded my head for this fool to continue.

"You" he said as he pointed at me with a disgusted look. "You have it so easy, you have everything handed to you like a spoiled brat, and still chose to act like exactly that! You do not deserve Cora! She is everything you are not! If it wasn't for the money from 'the likes of us'" he said pointing to himself referencing to what i said to Cora when she tried to introduce us. "You wouldn't have anything!" He almost yelled. "Haven only knows why you'll be king one day, and for once I am glade that I choose to stay here for Cora's sake. She's going to need someone to look after her"

I stepped closer to him and could've swore I made a almost animal sound.

"I would never hurt her" I said

"You already are." He said shaking his head and oddly looking down smiling at himself as if he were about to explain something to a small child.

"Do you care about him?" He asked looking at me but pointing to norman. I was Caught off guard, not really sure where James was going with this.

"He is my manservant" I said.

"You didn't answer the question?" He said crossing his arms and smiling as if he had just lured a rabbit into a trap.

I looked at Norman, in a very awkward way to find him already looking at me, awkwardly. I didn't understand why James was asking this. It was quite foolish. I began to remember norman and I as small children. As soon as he could walk he was a servant in training.

I remember us at the age of seven, in the fencing field. He wore pads all over his body looking like a giant snowman in the middle of Sumer. He was sweating so much that he could barley hold his sword. I remember laughing so hard at the way he looked that I didn't get much fencing practice that day, instead I undid his padding and took him to the ponds and pushed him in. His face was very angry as he rose from the water but little did he know that was the first act of kindness I had ever shown him, it was my attempt to cool him down, he however never understood it that day.

"Yes" I said as I Hopped no one could hear me. James looked to Norman then back to me.

"So I would be right to assume that you wouldn't be to ken on Cora treating Norman like you treat others! It's a good thing that unlike you she is a nice person." He said.

"Maybe after this you'll have my head because you can't deal with the truth but I couldn't care less! Your the lest of my problems right now. You have a nice day your grace." He said as he turned and left. "If that's even possible for you" I heard him mutter to himself.

I stood there trying to find something to say. No one has ever talked to me like that, and a mere stable boy? I turned to norman who was just looking at me lost in thought. "I" I said. "He" I continued pointing down the hall but couldn't find the words to say.

~~~

Another chapter for you guys! Please vote and comment!

~Mariska 98~