Chapter 25

Cora's POV

I took off fast.
I hoped Feeling the wind hit my face would cool it down, but it didn't. It has been burning up since last night. Every time I just think about it, about him.

Why was I even thinking about him? Hello, you got bigger problems, I told myself.

So many feelings ran through my mind. I felt angry at my mom for not telling me the truth, for not checking up on me. She just left me there with him. How could you do that? Leave your own daughter? Maybe that's because your not even her daughter.

I knew she loves me and meant well. She thought I would have it better living at the castle, but little did she know her big brother was a certified psychopath.

I didn't feel angry at my uncle, no I felt something else Entirely, hatred. I hated him. All those years I thought I was doing what was right for my kingdom when I was really only doing what was right for him.

I made my way to the all to familiar archery area which wasn't such a good Idea because it made me think of William again.

I could make sense of everything else but him. When I thought about him I didn't know what to think or feel and that drove me into frustration, confusion, and probably soon, insanity.

Zachary came out of his cabin looking rather confused as to why I was the only one here. Regardless he Brought a bow and a skin sack full of arrows with him. I haven't taken the time to look at Zachary, but now that I have, I could tell he was getting old. His hair and beard were completely gray. His face layered in Wrinkles and he walked with a slight limp on his left leg.

He walked to me and set the items down then gave me a good look.

"Why princess, why are you hear all alone?" He asked concerned.

I needed to get away from everything and everyone before my head explodes. I wanted to say but said this instead.

"Because I wanted to practice more." I said looking around "it's been awhile since I just came and practiced."

He raised a eyebrow, not buying my story but he nodded.

"Alright, if you need me I'll be in there." He said pointing to the cabin.

That's where you always are, I thought.

As he walked away I picked up the items and got them ready. I lined up the arrow to the target and breathed deep.. Then shot dead on.

•••••••

Williams POV

I waited outside the Castle where I always waited for Cora. She's late, really late. I bet she's not even coming. Where the hell is she? Awhile ago I would've been thankful for her skipping out on me but now it just made me anxious. We haven't talked or seen one another since we.. Since I kissed her.

Screw this.

I made my way back into the castle and up to her room. I nocked a little more violently then I needed to, but instead of that tall dark haired girl I wanted so badly to see stood A petite little blonde woman. Beth

"Yes your Majesty?" She said

"Where is Cora?"

"I don't know, she left without so much as a word this morning." Beth said a little worried.

"Oh" I said "thank you." She tilted her head to look at me oddly as if I lost my head. "Your welcome." She said with a soft knowing smile then shut the door.

Where would she go?

I thought back to the time at the stables when she stormed off into the night when with that stable boy... Could she be with him? My blood began to boil. I stormed out and quickly made my way into the stables. I looked around and didn't see Cora anywhere, however I did see a mess of dark brown hair brushing a horse in a stall. I walked over to realize that it was indeed James.

"Where is she?" I asked angrily.

His face grew confused as he stepped out from behind the horse and put down his brush. "Cora?" He asked. "She was here awhile ago your grace."

My hands became fists as my jaw grew tight. He saw this and took a few steps back.. "It's really not like that" he said before I stepped closer to him. "Oh really?" I asked. "Yes" he said in a Sincere tone. I looked down at my fists and stepped back. Why was i so angry? "She's my fiancé, Touch her and your dead" I threatened as I cooled down. He however looked angry now.

"Where did she go?" I asked.

"She said she wanted to go for a ride because she needed some air" he said then I swore I heard him whisper "no wonder"

I grabbed my saddle and tossed it over my horse and fastened it. I swung my leg over and took off. I had a pretty good idea where she was.

•••••
New chapter!! Another should be up tomorrow!! Please vote and comment!! (Mariska98)

OUT OF SIGHTजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें