39

Prince Williams POV.

I heard heavy fast pacing outside my room. The footsteps sounded very restless as they met the wood floor. I finished buttoning up my shirt and checking myself in the mirror before I yelled towards the door.

"Hold your horses Norman, I'm coming"

The footsteps stopped as I let out a sigh in relief. I went to my drawer and pulled out my crown, then walked back to the mirror and placed it on top of my head. I grabbed my vest and made my way to the door, only bothering to slip it over my shoulders once we were already down the hall.

"I'm sorry your grace, I didn't mean to hurry or rush you." Norman said as we entered the main fest Hall.

I scanned the area, looking for Cora but didn't see her anywhere. She was usually here around this time for breakfast, and I found it a bit odd that she wasn't this time.

"Don't be ridiculous Norman, I'm the one who said 'first thing' and then over slept."

That got a small laugh from him which I was entirely proud of. He was very worried and the more I took his mind off of Beth the better off he would be.

I noticed Norman looking around oddly as well. "Where is Cora?" He Asked.

I bit the inside of my jaw not liking the situation. I didn't like her not being here.

"I don't know. Maybe she's with that stable boy" I said thinking about their close relationship in annoyance.

"Maybe. Later We should go to the stables and ask James if he has seen Beth lately and while we are at it we can ask the same for Cora as well."

I nodded my head, liking his smarts. What I hade in mind would have been just to search every nook and cranny of this kingdom until we found beth, but obviously asking people who she knew and trusted about her disappearance would get us much further, faster.

I grabbed a biscuit off of a passing tray before we made it out of the feast hall, and eventually into the courtyard. We stopped, and both scanned the area for any sign of Beth.

"I doubt she'll be here" he said a bit disappointed.

"Why?" I asked stuffing the rest of the biscuit into my mouth.

"Because she has either been missing for four days, or is a master at avoiding people. Neither of which involve being in the courtyard, within full view of everyone." He said.

I swallowed. For the first time actually feeling concerned about Beth. I saw the way she looked at Norman, The total fascination she has in her eyes for him. I would bet the stars if I could that she is in no way 'avoiding him'. Sadly the alternative however it's even worse.

Out of the corner of My eye I could see the frame of what I knew to be a beautiful, tall woman with long black hair Which waived in the breeze so beautifully that just the sight of her was Enough to bring any man to his knees.

Cora

I turned swiftly as a large man pushing a cart full of fruits blocked my path. I walked quickly around him to see where I once thought Cora to be, she was not. I frowned. Great William, now your delusional.

I turned back to norman who was still looking around a bit frantically. I placed a hand upon his shoulder which got his attention.

"Listen here Norman, We will find her" I said as he shrugged.

"But what if" he said before I cut him off.

"If anyone has laid so much as a hand on her, I'll kill em." I said in all seriousness. "What she needs from you right now is to Focus, your no good running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Just Focus with me and I promise we will find her."