Chapter 22

After hours of talking with my mother, and learning the truth I Finley made my way back to the castle. By the time I arrived the sun was already disappearing behind the stone walls. Feeling Drained, and sickened from everything and everyone, I took a deep breath, and willed myself to be unnoticed. I walked passed many halls and many people. They all talked about normal things as I past by. "How are the kids Linda?" I heard one say. "Great! Did you know Jacks wife is having a baby? The other woman asked happily.

I walked quickly away from the happy lady's, momentarily jealous of there simple life's. I took the steps all the way up to my room, beth! I thought. She would make me feel better! And a nice hot bath would be amazing. Maybe I could just forget all it for awhile? Once in my room I pulled down my blue hood, leaving my face feeling exposed. I reached with both hands and undid the ribbon and my cloak and felt as it fell to my feet. I felt instantly lighter and quickly undid my dress leaving me in only my thin white slip.

"Oh please, don't stop on my account"

I whipped around to the voice and saw William looking rather comfy laid out on my bed. I felt my cheeks burn red as I looked down at what little I had on.

"What are you doing in here!" I screamed. Doing the best I could at picking my dress back up and holding it to my body tightly as if it was my life source.

"Well, I didn't go with you this morning For obvious reasons, but I still need to know what your mother knows, and what I am hoping that now you know."

"Why did you brake into my room? You could of just waited until later or waited outside. I said angrily. "And why didn't you make yourself noticed before I began to, you know.."

He looked me over for a second. His dark hair meeting his eyes which seemed to be dancing beautifully in the moonlight

"I was going to say something, but then you just started to.. and after all I am a man you know.." He said

"Your a pig!" I corrected him as I narrowed my eyes and moved to my huge walk in closet. I shut the door behind me and began searching for something easy and fast to put on. I found a simple dress that is wore mostly for staying in because of the light material. I didn't really feel like dealing with William right now. All I wanted to do was crawl in bed and never get out. I pushed open the doors and walked back into my room, William was no longer laying down, he was seated up with his back leaned on the wall. He glanced up at me when he noticed me. I walked up to the other side of my bed

"William, I just really want to sleep. I really don't feel like any of this right now. Can we talk tomorrow?" I asked.

He huffed amused at my words.

"Don't feel like it huh? To bad, I am not going anywhere until you tell me." He said

It was wishful thinking on my part to think he would understand that I just didn't want to talk about it, the more I talked about it the more real it became and I just wanted to forget about it all. But I placed myself in his shoes and I bet I would be doing the same thing, bugging him until he would tell me.

To his surprise I plopped down on my bed next to William and shut my eyes, maybe if I pretend his not there he will go away. That didn't happen, he still sat there in silence awaiting for me to start.....
*****
He was silent the entire time I spook. I told him everything I new and he looked as if he were running all the facts in his head.

"So they were like us?" He asked.

"I guess so. it makes so much seance now."

"All those years of wondering" he added.

I looked at him and saw understanding in his eyes.

"I am sorry about your mom.. Not being your mom and all." He said awkwardly.

"Don't be, we both know your mother has some explaining to do to." I said

He shook his head and hung it low as if thinking it over himself. His hand was placed at his side next to mine and before I new it, I grabbed his it surprising myself at my own actions.

"Even if she's not your mother she still is a part if you. I have seen the way she is with you. and trust me you don't even want to know how much she talks to me about you. she loves you beyond words." I told him.

He gazed at me with such intensity i felt my cheeks burn hotter then the sun itself. Why is he looking at me like that?

He brushed his fingers over the hand that I held his with. My mind began doing backflips and unlike my skilled self, my mind somehow became dizzy I quickly came back to myself and looked up at him confused. "William what are you doing.." Before I could finish he pushed himself to me and cupped my cheek with his other hand as he placed his lips over mine.

I should've pushed him away. I should've told him to stop, but I didn't. I enjoyed it. I loved the feeling of being in his arms as he claimed my mouth. But before I could even react he pushed himself away from me and rolled off the bed to his feet.

"I am sorry Cora, I didn't mean to.." He said as he made his way out of my room and I was left feeling confused and alone.

*****

The kiss! Enough said!

Vote and comment please☺️