Chapter 32

James POV

I waited in the grand hall for king Xavier to enter. He requested mine and ruby's presence. No doubt to catch up on what we know.

Ruby turned to me with a girlish grin.

"For being Partners I haven't seen much of you lately." She said as I rolled my eyes at her choice of wording. We were not partners..

"I've been busy" i said truthfully..

"That's good, did you find anything useful that will help our king?" She said

I turned on her so fast and lost it.

"What the hell is wrong with you? He isn't your king! You know who is? The prince that your trying to get killed father is your king! How could you betray your own country like that?" I yelled in rage.

She simply yawned

"You bore me" she exclaimed as she took the grapes off the table in front of her and placed them one by one in her mouth.

"Unlike you I'm loyal to my princess. My king has me blackmailed into doing this. I have absolutely no choice in the matter. But you, you are just evil."

"I'm not attacking my king. He is a nice man who unfortunately has a Horrible son. No what I'm doing is what people will thank me for. The prince is a certified pig who only cares of himself. How will he treat his people when his father dies? The kingdom will be at the hands of that pig. I'm doing my kingdom a favor"

I huffed at her act of Heroism.

"You're doing this for your people?" I said and laughed. "So your saying the king didn't offer you a large some of money for you're services?"

"Well that certainly is a bonus...But my point still remands. People won't miss him."

"So killing him is justified?" I asked her in disbelief.

"Killing doesn't always need to be justified plus I won't be doing the killing, there's no blood on my hands." She said

"There minus well be. Your freely taking part in it. Your just as bad as my king.. "

"Why do you even care so much about what I do?" She asked.

"You think I care about what your doing? I care about what your going to do. You might get my princess killed!!"

"Would that really be a bad thing? From what I hear she's quite the killer herself." She said.

"She killed killers, or at least that what she thought she was doing. It's not her fault she was raised by her twisted uncle to do his dirty work" I said stepping close to her dangerously.

"I have no Choice in this matter," I said thinking back to my king threatening my little sister and brother.

"but you do. You have nothing to lose and by the looks of it you don't really care what happens to your loved ones so he can't use that against you." I finished

"I need my money" she said coldly.

I leaned close to her with rage filled eyes.

"I swear if you get Cora killed your money will be the least of your worry's . if she dies you die." I warned.

She took a step closer to me looking intrigued instead of scared like I was going for.

"Hmm little cat let out his claws did he now? How cute. Nice try but you don't fool me."

"We'll see"

The doors opened and in came my king with his usual plastered smile on his face.

"Anything for me today?" He asked. Then he looked at me directly. "And don't be shy, don't leave out any details"

I hung my head down low. As I debated weather or not to tell him. Would he know if I didn't? I couldn't take that chance, not when my family was at risk.

"Cora has told me about your plans, the trouble is she cares for the prince. This makes it hard for her, however she told me herself she would do it to save everyone from your wrath" I said truthfully.

"Shes a smart girl, to bad she cares so much about everyone in the kingdom. It makes it that much easier to use her as I please. Now what about you ruby? Has William said anything to your cousin that he has shared?"

I glanced at ruby and was surprised to see that she was already looking at me, something flashed before he eyes but just as soon as it came it went.

"I am afraid to tell you that Prince William has grown suspicious of Cora's behavior. He doesn't know about this, but I'm Afraid if he gets too curious he'll find out." She said as she looked back at me evilly as if saying I'm not scared of you.

The king looked pleased with us and he went to his chest to pull out a few items.

"Here is some jewelry for you to pawn for your troubles" he said handing it to both of us. "I expect a full report in the morning" and it that he sent us on our way.

When we got into the hallway ruby went through the jewelry she got with a huge greedy smile on her face.

"You see! It isn't that bad! And he's even paying you now, just look at it as a Business transaction."

I walked up to her, my anger faded away and all I could feel is sorry for ruby, how could someone live with themselves like that? I know I couldn't.

"Why don't you tell that to my little brother and sister that he's threatening to harm if I don't do as I say, if he told you to torture them would you? Would it be just a simple business transaction?" I spat?

I shoved the Jules the king gave me into her greedy little hands.. "Why don't you go buy a heart with these." I said as I shoved passed her and made my way out of the Castle

*************************************

Sorry for the really long wait! I've been super busy. But now I'm going to be updating more so stay tuned! Please vote and comment your thoughts!