Chapter 50: The Second Party

Začať od začiatku

Spencer.

Besides being a great dad, he was always making sure I was okay, comforting me while I pumped, taking night shifts, and I was pretty sure he'd actually curled up in Tobias's crib with him one night when he wouldn't stop crying. But it was the moments that he didn't know I saw that were the best. There were times when I'd go to the kitchen or bedroom and he'd be with the kids alone, and I could hear him talking to them.

"Your mom doesn't know this," I heard, making me pause, "But I think I secretly love you two more than she does." The babies gurgled and he laughed, "You think so too?"

Another time, as I came back from warming two bottles, I peeked in the door to see him holding Maeve on his hip as he reached into Tobias's crib, Tobias with a vice grip around his finger. His laugh, bright and clear, melted my heart.

One night, I woke up and Spencer wasn't next to me, so I quietly padded down the hall to the nursery. We oiled the hinges almost every week, so they'd be silent, and I opened the door to find Spencer on the floor, softly snoring. On his chest were both the kids, fists bunched in his shirt, sleeping soundly. A blanket covered only his legs. I took another blanket and laid it over all three of them, smiled, and went back to bed. Neither of us ever said anything about it, but I made sure he had a break the next day.

About a month and a half after they were born, Hotch insisted on taking them for a night. "You two need some time to yourself," he admonished, "And Jack wants to play with his cousins."

We quizzed him on everything and made sure he had plenty of supplies before he left, but he eventually just reminded us this wasn't his first time with infants and left.

"Fuck, I'm exhausted," I groaned, falling back onto a chair.

Spencer started massaging my shoulders, "We can go take a long nap if you want."

I looked up at him, "Can we fuck first?"

He smiled and leaned down to kiss me, "How could I ever say no to that cute face?"

I blushed. "Shut up."

***

Apparently the team had conspired to keep us away from the babies for the weekend so we could have some alone time, because Jenna took them from Hotch and told us we had that day off too, and they'd be sleeping at JJ's that night. She picked up some extra bottles from our house, but insisted we just take time to ourselves.

"Hey, isn't it Saturday?" Spencer asked as we sat at the table. "I can barely keep track of the day of the week, it's almost embarrassing."

I laughed and looked at my watch, "Yeah, why?" I couldn't think of anything we had to do.

"Amanda has parties on Saturdays, is today one of those days?"

I perked up, "Oh shit, you're right. Let me check."

Message to: Master of the House
Anything interesting happening tonight?

"We should probably eat," Spencer sighed, opening the fridge, "I'm pretty sure ten cups of coffee aren't technically a meal."

"Fuck you," I groaned, "At least you can have that much, they both fuss if I have more than a cup."

He smiled and pulled out random leftovers, piling them on the counter. "Take your pick, darling. Even if there is a party, it's only noon, we have time."

I grabbed a plate from the cabinet and loaded it with whatever was there, barely paying attention to what the food was.

Message from: Master of the House
Yep! Back-to-school theme, if you want to wear a little skirt ;)
You coming?