Chapter 30: T Minus 1 Week

"Okay, I know we're just a week away from the big day, but this is a big case," Garcia said, "We've got a spree murderer in Houston, Texas, so pack your cowboy hats. He's ramping up, it was one a week ago, two three days later, and three yesterday."

"On this schedule we've only got one day before he kills four people." Hotch said, "Which means we need to be there as soon as possible."

"The first person was Cory Hector," Garcia continued, "He was shot three times in the chest, the shots were all messy and badly aimed."

"No kidding, none of these are fatal." Spencer said, "It was purely blood loss that killed him."

"Second two were a couple, Jason Lachlan and Courtney Garner. Single shots each to the chest." Garcia continued.

"Why do we think they're the same person?" I asked, "Different MOs, right?"

"And... that's where we get to why I'm going to therapy. Here's his signature." Garcia pulled up more images, and we all groaned.

Each person had lines carved into the bottom of their feet with the skin ripped as far as possible to either side, with flesh carved out.

"Did they find the pieces?" JJ asked.

Garcia shook her head, "Do you want to know what's even worse?"

"No." We all chorused.

"Well too bad, if I have to know this so do all of you. Those chunks were taken out my someone's teeth, then had bleach poured all over them to get rid of DNA."

"Garcia, it's the week of my wedding, why did you put that in my head?" I complained.

"We need to be there as soon as possible." Hotch said, "I apologize for the bad image, but we need to get going. Wheels up in 30. Garcia, tell them about the third victims."

"Right! Third one is the worst, three children, coming home from school. Gunshots to the head, same, uh, foot thing. Carmen Diaz, 8, Ella Diaz, 10, and their friend John Mitchell, also 8."

After finishing the briefing, we all rushed around, assembling our bags and getting everything ready. As we were about to get on the plane, my alternative phone rang. I pulled it out and Spencer raised an eyebrow.

"Hey Jenna, I'm about to get on a plane so be fast, what's up?" I said, tucking my phone under my ear.

"Hey! I just got a call from the florist, I put my name down since I know you work a lot." She sounded worried, "Y'know the flowers we ordered for the pews?"

"Yeah?"

"There's an issue with pesticides and I can't find anyone else who had them. What do you want me to do?"

"Find something similar," I said immediately, "You know the aesthetic we're going for and what works, find something that works. I trust you."

"I'm on it." Jenna said, "Have a good time, ma'am."

Before I could respond, she hung up. I sighed, rolling my eyes at that sarcastic comment, and climbed into the plane.

"Everything okay?" Spencer asked.

I nodded, "Flower pesticide issue of some kind. Jenna's got it handled."

"That woman is a miracle worker," Emily said.

We all sat down, beginning to discuss the case. The mention of our wedding just reminded us of the time crunch we were under, and we were all rushing to get a working theory started before we even touched down.

Message from: Fiancé in the Reeds
Sure you're okay?

Message to: Fiancé in the Reeds
Yep, just ready to finally marry you.