Chapter 36: New People

Part of me expected married life to be different, but it really wasn't. Spencer and I had been living and working together for so long that the only real difference was what we called our relationship. Spencer was holding onto his collar more habitually, when he was thinking or stressed or tired, just as a way to focus. I did the same thing with my bracelet, playing with the charms or twisting it around my arm. We didn't have much time for play parties, although we went when we could, and started attending munches more regularly (when we weren't on cases), which Spencer slowly became more comfortable with.

One night, as Spencer was driving home after a case, my work phone lit up.

Message from: Hotch
Jessica's got Jack tonight. Can I come over for a drink?

"Spence," I said, making him raise an eyebrow in response, "Are you OK with Hotch coming over for a drink?"

He nodded.

Message to: Hotch
Sure, see you soon.

I knew he already had my address. We pulled in and got out, grabbing our bags and walking inside. Spencer took mine and started sorting the laundry as I changed, swapping out my work clothes for a nightdress. We walked back to the kitchen and I pulled out a bottle of whiskey, grabbing three glasses.

"Safewords apply here too," I reminded him as I poured the drinks, "If you ever want this to stop, just tell me and that's it."

"I know, I just never expected this to happen."

"It's just drinks." I passed him a glass, "What I did with you on our first night together honestly shouldn't even have happened. We didn't negotiate anything enough. This will be more like the dinner with Morgan and Emily, just sitting and discussing that if it's brought up."

He took a drink, "Right. Just drinks. Just talking."

As if on cue, I heard a knocking at the door and walked over, unlocking and opening it. Hotch was standing there, looking more anxious that I'd ever seen him.

"Aaron," I greeted, giving him a hug, "Good to see you."

I used his first name on purpose – we almost never called him that in the workplace, and I was reminding him that this was separate from work. We're just friends here.

"Thanks for letting me come over," he stepped in and saw Spencer, "Hi, Spencer."

Spence waved, taking another drink. "Hi, H- Aaron."

"Do you want a glass?" I offered.

He nodded, "Please." He walked to the island, taking a seat next to Spencer, running one hand down his back.

I passed a glass to Hotch, "Do you want to talk?"

He looked between us, thinking over his words. We both waited.

"What-" he began, "What exactly is your dynamic and how is it different from you and I had, Spencer?"

"Spence and I have actually never discussed age regression as part of our dynamic," I started, "We have a basic 24/7 Dom/sub dynamic in which I'm the dominant partner, but Spencer will sometimes act as the dominant in sexual situations."

Hotch nodded slowly, "How does that work on a day-to-day basis?"

"Most of the time it doesn't play into what happens at work," I knew that was part of his worry, "If we're out to dinner, I'll order for Spencer. If he's acting out, I'll discipline him later. He also wears the collar all the time."

"Why?" Hotch turned to Spencer.

"It's calming and grounding," he answered immediately, "It's a reminder that someone's looking out for me. It's always a connection to- to my Mistress," he smiled at me, "And it gives her control."