Chapter 68: Private Dance

"Spence, are you sure you're okay with me going out?" I asked as I picked out an outfit.

He flicked me, "That's literally the thirteenth time you've asked. You deserve a break and I can handle the kids. Have fun with your friends, jeez."

I pulled out a strapless dress with a corset-style top and a knee-length skirt, one of Spencer's favorites.

"Tease," he muttered.

I smiled and pulled it on, turning so he could zip it up for me. He did, then trailed his hands down my chest and pulled me back against him.

"My wife." He growled.

I smiled and turned around to kiss him, "Yours."

"Don't have too much fun tonight." He teased.

***

Of course, we couldn't just go out for a normal drinking night, so we ended up at the club where Jenna worked, the Camelot Showbar (even though it was a longer drive than most other bars we could've gone to). Garcia had booked a table right next to the stage, giving us a perfect view.

"JJ, calm down," I slid her a drink as a girl who I didn't recognize came onstage. "Just because you're not into chicks doesn't mean you can't look at their asses."

"I'll drive home, Jay," Garcia leaned in, "I'm happy to enjoy this sober. Just relax a little."

She sighed and downed the drink. "Just give me champagne or something light for the rest of the night, okay?"

We all agreed. I pulled out my wallet and pulled out the bills I had; although you could tip with your card, I knew from talking to Jenna that the girls preferred cash. I leaned back and sipped my drink, knowing Garcia had picked something I liked.

We all lounged over each other, throwing cash at the stage, whistling, and making jokes. Even JJ got in on it, somewhat timidly admiring the looks of the girls; but as the night went on, she became more confident, to all of our amusement.

"Do you know if Jenna's dancing tonight?" I asked Garcia over the music.

She nodded, "Yeah, she should be on soon."

I smiled, satisfied, requesting another drink as one of the waitresses came through. I smiled at her – we'd met when the team was here for the case. I was sure there was some comfort in knowing there were FBI agents there, albeit slightly drunk FBI agents, for if anything went downhill.

Garcia leaned in, speaking loudly into my ear to be heard over the noise of the club. "Okay, so last girls' night, you kissed me. What's going to happen tonight?"

"We've already fucked, Pen, I don't know what you're expecting." I laughed, "Or are you that forgetful?"

"Oh, I'm not forgetting that any time soon." She assured me, "But I do have a question."

I finished my drink, passing the waitress a drink and she brought me another. "Okay, shoot."

"Why are you so willing to be in power and have responsibility over the mental and physical health of one or more people during scenes, but you won't give up that control to others? Isn't the whole thing that people in power like giving it up?"

I took a large drink and passed some cash on stage to avoid responding, but I knew I could only evade the answer for so long. "People trust me because I have the training and reputation in the community. They have low standards and less trauma. That's not me."

"Why not me?" Garcia pouted dramatically. "Haven't I earned your trust?"

I looked at her seriously, turning away from the stage. "This is different, Garcia. This is my mental health and privacy in intimate ways beyond any career or individual. I've been burned before."