Chapter 3: Discussions

I spent the rest of the day cleaning and cooking for the week, doing laundry, repacking my go bag, and waiting for a message back from Spencer. I almost never had my alternate phone's ringer on, but I did today.

Two hours later, I heard my phone ding loudly and practically sprinted to it.

Message from: Boy in the Reeds
Finished errands. About to go over the list. I'll write it out and text you. Should be fast.

Message to: Boy in the Reeds
Don't rush, boy genius. I know you read quickly, but you need to consider everything carefully.

Message from: Boy in the Reeds
No promises on speed, but I'll think it all over.

Good enough. I didn't really expect him to take as long as most of my other partners, but I wanted to make sure he didn't feel rushed. I went back to idly doing chores, folding clothes neatly and repacking my go bag. After that, I pulled out my other, similar duffel- my play party bag. I really needed to label them clearly, I'd almost grabbed the wrong one several times. Good thing my play partners liked uniforms. The FBI with some of my toys, not so much.

I double-checked the seals on the bags of each toy, cleaning and moisturizing the leather of my cuffs and outfits and repacked it out of habit. I made sure my impact toys were clean and covered, recoiled my rope, and ended up repacking the entire bag. I organized it the same way every time, but I liked doing it to make sure I knew where everything was.

About an hour later, my phone buzzed again. I was surprised Spencer had taken that long, but I hoped he had truly taken all that time to go over the list.

Message from: Boy in the Reeds
Here's the list.

Message from: Boy in the Reeds
One attachment.

I tapped on the image and waited for it to load.

Message from: Boy in the Reeds
How do you feel about me coming over tonight?
I can't stop thinking about last night.
If you want to go to the party that's okay.

Message to: Boy in the Reeds
Meet me here in an hour so I have time to go over this. Wear jeans, your black converse, and a blue golf shirt. You don't need anything else.

Message from: Boy in the Reeds
Yes, ma'am. ;)

Message to: Boy in the Reeds
We'll discuss your attitude when you get here.

Message from: Boy in the Reeds
Shit.

I chucked and closed the messages, then began going over the list. A couple surprised me, but most were ones I expected. His 'maybe' category was big and annotated with comments and remarks. The 'no' category didn't have any notes, but the 'yes' did contain a few, mostly comments on situational stuff.

Benefits of dating the nerdiest person ever: He never says anything without fully explaining it.

Not dating, I reminded myself, Just fucking.

Fifty-five minutes later, I stood and went to my closet, considering my options for a second before pulling out a basic skirt and low-cut blouse. Under it, I wore a lacy pair of underwear and the matching bra. I pulled on a pair of low wedge heels and grabbed my bag, tossing in both my phones and my wallet, placing it on the table and waiting.

At exactly 3:27, an hour after I'd told him to, the doorbell rang. I took a breath and walked to the door, opening it to see Spencer, bouncing on his toes excitedly.

"Hey, Spencer." I said, "Come on in."

He did, and I took the opportunity to look him over. Pale blue golf shirt, dark blue jeans, black converse. Perfect.

"Hey," he said, "You look- wow. You look amazing."

I smiled. "Thank you, Spencer. Are you ready to go?"

He nodded, then hesitated. "What do I call you?"

"You can call me my name when we're in public, Spence, unless we're specifically doing something different." I chuckled, "You don't need to look so embarrassed. It's a good question to ask."

"Can I kiss you?" He asked. "I read that in some more casual dynamics the partners don't kiss in order to maintain a difference between platonic and romantic relationships. What do you prefer?"

I honestly didn't know how to answer. Most of my partners had their own ideas and limits about that, or we were romantic. I knew what I wanted to say, but I couldn't expect him to feel the same. After all, he said that he came to me because I knew about this, not because he wanted to be with me.

"I don't know," I said, "It's partially up to what you want, I don't have an answer right now."

He shrugged too. "Can we decide later?"

I nodded, opened the door again, and beckoned for him to follow me out the door.

"Let's do some shopping for now."