Chapter 53: My Lady, Penelope Garcia

I returned to work the next week, as much as I felt comfortable; I stayed at the office, working with Garcia, not flying out to cases. We'd agreed to not discuss the scene at work, but neither Garcia, Spencer, nor I could resist making a few comments about what we'd done. Of course, that resulted in Morgan pulling Garcia and I to the side after a briefing.

"So, do I get to know what happened?" He raised an eyebrow, looking between us.

"Nope," I shrugged, "It's private. If we do something together, that's a different case, but what happens when we're together stays between us."

He sighed, "Well damn, I guess we'll have to discuss another scene."

I shrugged, "You have my number."

***

"So, the team is on their way home," Garcia said, "They have to stay for another couple hours to close up the case, but they'll be home tonight."

I smiled, "That's good."

"Do you want to do something again this weekend?"

I thought for a second. "I need to talk to Spencer, but probably not tonight. Our first night back is just for us. But I'll ask about tomorrow."

She nodded, "That's okay, I was just curious."

Message to: Daddy <3
Garcia wants to come over this weekend. Thoughts?

Message from: Daddy <3
Depends on the scene. Details?

"Hey, Garcia, what do you want to do?" I asked, looking up.

She smiled, "I was thinking we change things up from last time."

I smiled, leaning back in my chair, "Please, tell me more."

***

The plane arrived late at night, and I drove Garcia to the airport to greet them. We knew the case was a tough one, and Spencer basically collapsed into my arms as soon as he got off the plane.

I raised an eyebrow at Hotch, but he just mouthed 'Not right now'.

"I missed you," he muttered into my shoulder, "I want to go home."

"Give me just a second to check in with Hotch, okay, sweetheart?" I kissed him, then walked over to Hotch, who was watching the team pile into the cars. "So?"

"The police department decided they would question everything he said," Hotch rolled his eyes, "And called him some... well, let's just say I ordered several suspensions. He said it was fine, but you know how he gets."

"Fucking hell," I groaned, "Did you slap anyone for me?"

"I had to hold back Morgan from becoming our next case. Just let me know if there's anything I can do to help, okay?" Hotch asked.

I nodded. "I will. Want me to drive you home? Jessica said she'd pick up our kids, so I need to stop by anyways."

"I'll take my own car, but thank you."

I took Spencer's hand and we walked to the car, my head on his shoulder. We opened the car and got in, driving for a few minutes before I spoke up.

"Hotch told me what happened, do you want to talk about it?"

"It's not like I'm not used to it," he muttered, "I deal with shit like that all the time."

"That doesn't make it okay." I answered.

"They just... it's like they don't think I'm even human, they said it when I was right there. They weren't even subtle."

My hands tightened around the steering wheel.