Chapter 29: T Minus 1 Month

Wedding Checklist:1 Month Before

□      Finalize seating arrangements
□      Confirm details with vendors
Order programs
Order thank you notes
□      Confirm honeymoon booking
□      Meet with photographer/videographer to discuss & finalize shots
Discuss collar ceremony
□      Organize/finalize venue layout
□      Finalize guest count
□      Confirm # of centerpieces, bouquets, boutonnieres with florist
□      Final dress fitting
□      Hair & makeup test run
□      Order collar
Finalize collar ceremony & guest list

"I'll confirm the honeymoon and florist reservations if you send out RSVP reminders," Spencer said.

I laughed, "What, you don't want to bother people about whether they're coming? And why don't I get to see anything relating to the honeymoon?

"It's awkward." He said, "So no thank you. And because I said so."

"Okay, deal. I don't trust you with the seating arrangements, so I'll finish those. We both need to talk to the photographer, you do the venue layout since you have the place memorized, I've got the dress and makeup, and we'll go shopping and decide on a collar tomorrow."

He nodded and we both started working, making phone calls or asking each other the occasional question, but mostly working in silence. We never knew when we'd be called on a case, so we took these pockets of calm to plan.

"And I really don't get to see the dress until the day of?" He asked as I texted the bridesmaids' group about the final dress fitting and hair and makeup day, "Really really really I don't?"

I shook my head, "I haven't even let the girls take pictures of it in case you snoop on our phones. You don't get to see it until I walk down the aisle."

I hadn't mentioned the second dress yet. Or my outfit for the collaring ceremony.

He pouted, but I just smiled and kissed him. "I love you."

"I love you too." He kissed me back.

I'm going to marry Spencer Reid in a month.

***

We walked into the store, and an employee immediately walked over.

"How can I help you two?" He asked. "Or do you know your way around?"

"We're looking for a life collar." I said.

He nodded and began leading us to the back room, "Congratulations! Can I ask what style you're looking for?"

"A simple infinity collar, maybe with engravings." I answered, "The one he has right now is similar to what we want, but a little more subtle."

The employee nodded, "I have to stay in here for safety and security purposes, but feel free to look around. I'd suggest starting here," he gestured to an area, "But it's up to you."

Spencer stood over my shoulder as we looked. I asked the occasional question or his opinion, but he stayed quiet otherwise.

"Can these be customized?" I asked, turning to the employee, "I like this one, but I want a certain engraving and lock, is that possible?"

"Certainly, when would you need it by? And how many keys?" He asked.

"Three, and the ceremony is in a month, so before that." I answered. Spencer looked confused at my answer to the keys, but my look said I'll tell you later.

"This particular design can have a matching bracelet. Would you be interested in that?"

Spencer perked up, "Yes, can we see it?"