Chapter 1: The Beginning of Something Special

Spencer Reid was always the shy, timid one on the office, at least when it came to relationships. He blushed or turned away when sex was mentioned, unless it was for a case. He shied away from conversations about weekend plans and our partners. Which is why I was surprised when he caught me in the elevator on my way home and tried to start a casual conversation but aiming to ask a question.

"What- what are you up to this weekend?" He stuttered.

I shrugged. "Netflix, I've got an – um – party tomorrow night, so we'll see how that goes, but hopefully relaxing."

"What kind of party?"

I chuckled. "You don't want to ask that, pretty boy."

We reached the bottom floor and we slowly walked to the garage.

He stumbled over his words a few times, then cleared his throat and spoke, "Is it a play party?"

I stopped and turned to him, letting the door swing shut before speaking, "Why are you asking me this?"

I watched his hands shift on his bag strap, "I'm – I'm interested." His eyes dropped.

"In what?" I said slowly.

"The lifestyle. BDSM. Kink. All of it." He said quickly, "I've been reading and you've – you've talked about it..."

"Are you asking me to be your play partner?" I asked.

He nodded.

I thought for a second. "Can you come over to mine? This isn't the best place to talk." 

He nodded. "I'll text you my address."

***

On the way home, I thought over my options. This would affect our entire dynamic, but I was also probably his best option for safety. I knew his past and he trusted me.

I pulled into my driveway, turned off my car, and took a deep breath as I watched Spencer pull up and park on the street. I got out, unlocked my door, and we walked in without a word.

"Do you want something to drink?" I offered.

"Water, please." His voice was more timid than usual.

I filled two glasses with water and gestured for him to sit down across from me at the table. We both collected our thoughts, and I spoke.

"So, what are you interested in? Specifically?" I said.

He bit his lip, "Bondage, punishment, orgasm control, vibrators, spanking..." he hesitated, "I don't know enough to say anything conclusive."

I nodded slowly. "Why me?"

"You know the most about it of anyone I know, and I trust you. I've seen you deal with subjects like this on cases neutrally and confront others when they make assumptions. You know what I've been through and I trust you with my life."

I nodded, taking a drink as I turned it all over in my head. "If you don't want to do this with me, I can put you in touch with people I trust to show you stuff and guide you through all of this." I said carefully, "But if you want to do this with me, I have rules. And limits of my own."

"I trust you." He said. "I want you to teach me."

There's the Spencer Reid I know. Eager to learn.

"Why do you want to explore this?" I asked.

"From what I've read and understand, it's a way of handing over control and releasing stress. My job – our job – is stressful and I have all these figures in my head and statistics but that doesn't help when stuff goes bad." He took a drink, clearly trying to figure out how much to tell me, and I waited patiently. "From what I understand, being a submissive is a way to be able to forget, relinquish control, and... I want that."