TWENTY-FOUR

It was past ten. She hasn't left her room. Kate was worried. She knocked on her door forever and there was no answer.
"Eldena,dear?" She called.
No response.
She banged the door like in the movies...it didn't open. Now she was scared. She rushed to her room to get the spare key and returned. She was quivering with fear,she could barely fit the key in. Maybe all this would have been different if Lucy had a sibling. She blamed Larry for that.
She finally opened the door and pushed herself in,ready to see her Eldena unconscious or something. There was no one in the room.
"Eldena?!" She called.
No response.
"Lucy?!" She called,whichever one her daughter wanted to hear.
No response.
She rushed to the dressing room. No Eldena.
She heard the shower flowing in the toilet and rushed there. She cupped her hands over her mouth in shock. Eldena sat in the bathtub, squeezing her pillow tight as she shivered. She was soaking wet as the shower had been raining on her for hours.

Kate rushed to her and turned off the shower and tried pulling her out

"Baby,what are you doing?" She was at the verge of crying. "Why're you doing this to yourself? It'll get you nowhere." She held her tight. "Oh Lord."

                       @@@@@

"I don't have time for this nonsense." Lucy said casually. She could not believe her mother had brought a therapist-a not so beautiful one too. What did they think she was-mad?
"Sure you don't, but you need it,Eldena..."
"You will call me Lucy."
"Sure." Mirina smiled at her. Therapists had to exercise patience.
"Now,from the statistics,you've had a past situation of bipolar of a less intense stage.Would you like to talk about it?" Mirina asked.
Lucy was in rage."I'll have you know,I'm not sick, I'm not mad,you can't come to my house and make me remember painful memories in the fuckin' name of therapy. Maa,I don't need this..." Lucy stood and made to leave.
"You're brave;very brave." Mirina commented.Lucy paused and stared at her.
"I am,aren't I?"
"Sure,but real bravery comes with accepting who we are within and accepting the fact that we're not perfect. You're not perfect, I'm not perf..."
"You ain't perfect? So watchu doing here? Ain't you a professional?"
"As a matter of fact I am."
"As a matter of fact I am." Lucy tried mimicking her sarcastically. "Good,so you stick to what you know best and let me handle ma own goddam life,we clear on that?"
"Lucy..."
"Mum,I've said this already,I do not need therapy!"
"You're broken and brave a..."
" And you are crossing the line.You know what?-I need you to pickup your bag and get yourself outta ma house...and get yourself some sunshine blush while you're at it,ruin life's with a brighter face."
Mirina glanced silently at Kate who nodded in shame. She grabbed her bag and handed Lucy a card.
"Here's my card,you can see me when you wish to,good day." With that,she walked away.
Kate and Lucy stood there,looking at each other,the uncomfortable silence.Lucy climbed up to her room.

_______________________________