TWENTY-THREE

A knock on the door, then the door flew open and Kate walked in. Lucy stood before her large mirror,glowing herslef up with light blush. She was dressed in a cheetah skin jumpsuit and black stilettos, her hair, braided and signature sunshade.
Kate was bemused.Few days ago she was wretched and then she's all glowep up. What happened overnight?
"Where are you going?"
"Where I'm s'possed to be...work."
Kate watched her, something didn't add up. "Are you gonna be alright?"
"Oh I'll be okay, mum...as long as no one mentions the J-word.I don't ever wanna hear it."
"Lucy he's..."
"History, that's what he is. She grabbed her bag and gave kate a peck and walked out.
Kate watched her go. Atleast she was happy? But what about Jayson?

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

Everything was going fine.she was the boss bitch she was before and she was going to remain that way. Who was Jayson anyway? One puny man couldn't make her feel down...she made them feel down and not the other way around.
She was energetic throughout the day but when she got home and was in the comfort of her room,everything changed.
She took off her shoes and lay down on her bed,facing the ceiling. What a tiring day,at least she didn't get a second to think about Jayson.
And then she was alone,in the comfort of her room...and he came flooding through her mind. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.
You're weak,Eldena.You were always weak.
"No..." She muttered.
Weak! Exiled and disregarded and you always will...
"No..."
Full of mistakes,that's why no one ever accepted you and no one ever will...your own father left you from the start and everyone else followed...
"No!" She fought with herself. "Leave me alone!!"
"Eldena?!" Kate pushed the door open and ran to her.She was trembling,She was sweating,she was frightened, She was tired. She looked around in fear and confusion. "Eldena are you okay,dear?"
She glanced at her mother with tired eyes and passed out.

*********

"Okay J-Boy,I got the everything set...and thanks for letting me join you guys." Lina handed over some documents to him which contained his passport and other stuff.
"Of course.You're practically family too." He said and hugged her.
"What's the hug for?" She asked surprised.
"Has hugging become a crime?" He asked,winking at her as he moved away toward the kitchen.
"Whatever." She rolled her eyes and smiled. She wished he would be happy with their trip to France. Maybe he'll forget Lucy over there,She prayed he forget Lucy over there and look forward to the future with someone else...maybe her.

**********

She had had enough! What the fuck were these people talking about? Her,Lucy Smolette, dealing with phase two Bipolar? What the heck!
"Look,I'm not sick.Who the hell are you to tell me rubbish? You think you can go around scaring people because you wear a white coat?" She screamed.
"Sweetie,calm down...Please." Kate begged. She remembered the first time she was told her daughter had bipolar,she took it lightly and the girl never showed signs ever again.
"Does she have a Therapist?" Asked the Bear-looking psychiatrist after Lucy had exited,not wanting to be part of such.
"Lucy doesn't want to have anything to do with health personnels...not even a family doctor." Kate confessed with tears in her eyes.
"It's not a matter to shed tears,ma'am. She just needs to take her medications seriously and avoid whatever problem which can spark up a phase." Said the doctor.
"What do you suggest?She'll never take meds just like that."
"Therapy. She needs it,she needs family...mother, father,anyone." He said,fixing his lens.
Father?what father? pff!
Kate recalled when she saw Larry,two years ago. She visited some fancy restaurant with Lorraine in Miami.She called on a waiter and...BOOM!! The ex love of her life stood there,ready to take her order. He almost didn't recognise her.
"Kate?" He was dumbfounded. She looked so fancy and in shape and...not reeking of poverty.
"You know him?" Lorraine asked,sipping from coffee. She carried it everywhere even years back.
"Do I know him?Of course I do." She smiled at her friend's question and turned to Larry with a smile. He smiled back,a smile of guilt. "Well,you don't think my daughter came from space,he's Larry Manoise, Lucy Smolette's father." She said,taking hrt friend's coffee mug and sipping from it...no,she gulped it down.
"How's out daughter?" Larry asked,not wanting to believe that the business tycoon was his daughter. He took a chair from the next table and was about to sit.
"Uh-uh-uh...you came here to get my order. I'll have some Casserole and strawberry shortcake with apple smoothie, make it thick, really thick." Kate ordered not even looking him in the eye. How the tables had turned. He wasn't even listening to her order."huh?"
"I'm not repeating that...and if my order is messed up, someone's gonna lose a job."
Lorraine gave her order too. The guy walked away and didn't dare show his face,it was his punishment.
Lucy never asked about her father anyway so Kate didn't tell.She wouldn't have cared anyway.
She just needed her baby to be fine.

*************

"What I'm not doing is taking those pills that poison my mind."
"Don't be stupid,dear.they'll help you...and therapy too."
"No!! I have a company to run.I can't live with a weakness..."
"It is not a weakness,Eldena..."
"Lucy..."
"I don't care what you're called anymore!! Sweetie you sure don't want to run mad,that doesn't make you any different or even weak. This behaviour'll take you nowhere."
Lucy fell to the chair,exhausted by all the drama.
"Do it,if not for your own well being then do it for me.I'll never be okay knowing that you're killing yourself." Kate looked her in the eye. "For me...please?"

***********

She was in her room,getting ready for bed. She was about to take the pills her mother had forced her with guilt to take. She looked at herself in the mirror in the bathroom. What was she becoming?
Weakling...
She turned to the toilet and flushed down the pills.she looked at the mirror one more time and left the bathroom.
She fell on her bed facing the ceiling and closed her eyes. She heard a guitar note playing outside...and a song.
"Going out tonight,Changes into something red.
Her mother doesn't like that kinda dress.
Everything she ever had,she's showing off..."
She sat up and listened. Who the fuck was disturbing her not so sleepy sleep?
"Driving too fast,moon is breaking through her hair.
She's heading for something that she won't forget.
Having no regrets is all that she really wants..."
Jayson. What the fuck did he want? He put her through all these,she was suffering emotionally and mentally and he was out there singing some stupid song.She flew out of her room,heading downstairs for trouble.her head was a wrecking ball.
"We're only getting older,baby.
And I've been thinking about you lately.
Those it ever drive you crazy
Just how fast the night changes?
Everything that you ever dreamed of,
Disappearing when you wake up,
But there's nothing to be afraid of,
Even when the night changes
It will never change me and you..."
She approached him with a magnificent slap.
"You!! You did this to me...you did this!" She yelled.
"Lucy,I'm sorry." He said,exhausted. How much more did he have to take before she would forgive him?
"Sorry? You're sorry? For what? What can sorry do now? Huh?!!" She was sweating like hell.
"Lucy,calm down.Are you okay?" He asked reaching for her hand. She slapped his hand away and realised she was letting anger get the best of her.
"I'm fine,and I'll be better if you get out.Just stay away from me."
"You know I can't. I want to tell that I'm leaving for France Tomorrow." He said,arranging the guitar that hung around his shoulder.
"Good." She said but a part of her didn't mean it. "Just go and never come back,forget about me. You never cared anyway."
"I never cared?"
"Yes! You're a phony. One of those users, you're like the rest of them."
Jayson was furious now,what more was he to take?
"Well,If that's how you see me,I don't know what else to do to change your mind."
"You can't do anything.maybe I'll forgive you when you're dead...au'revoir Sir."
She walked away into the house and left him standing there.

...........................................................

What's in store for Jayson and Lucy? Will he let her be? Will she forgive him? Will she continue to act barve even after she's broken? Please take some time and vote if you love this. Stay tuned. Love you guys.kisses.