CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

Continuation...

Lorraine rushed in with her eldest son and his pregnant wife, heavily pregnant. The hospital was filled with injured,dying,unconscious patients of all kind;Black and white,male and female.Some cried for they had lost their dear ones.
Wednesday 11:56pm was the hour of the plane crash.
"I can't find my husband!" A woman screamed,screamed louder than all as though she was the only on with a dead relative.
"Mon Dieu"
"No,this can't be.."
People ran about in total confusion. Lorraine ran to the counter.
"Jayson Deverson?" She asked.
"Room 52" Answered a French nurse with a very long,long nose,with only movements to prove that she was still alive.
Lorraine heaved a sigh of relief and dashed out to find the room of her son.He was alive and not in the hip of dead bodies. She flung open the door and found him unconscious. He was in a coma and Lina laid unconscious on the bed next to his.
"For days?My son will be in a coma for days? But why? Why?" Lorraine asked.Boris paced the room while Maria his wife held Lorraine for support.
"Oui Madame... Be thankful he's not dead."
"I am"
"Boris..." Maria called out.
"Yeah?"
"My water...just broke."
Attention was drifted to Maria. She was held for support and taken away.

Lina woke up in tears,traumatized.She had had a dream about the plane crash and how Jayson had protected her beneath Hus arms as the plane went crashing down. She lived and he died.
"Jayson!" She screamed. The nurse assisted her. She was in a panic attack until she looked to her side and saw Jayson lying close.
"Is he going to be fine?" She asked the nurse who just stared lifelessly at her.

Lucy and Kate joined the clan of waiters. She couldn't tell how fast she flew there when she heard the news.Anger disappeared and only care and worry surfaced. She had to see him,she had yo be with him...anger could wait.
Jayson was up upon her arrival,like she was what he needed to see life again.Lina would have exploded when like a bomb when she saw Lucy. How dare she show her face there?
"I can't believe this..." Lina heard her gasp under her breath.
"You can't? Well I can." She spat out angrily. Lucy eyed her like she was a buzzing fly who needs slapping. "I can't believe that Jayson loves you to a fault that he's lying in there because of you,you!You're so full of yourself, conceited and self-centered. Now look where you've put him,and you have the nerve to be here? Aunt,why don't you just send her away? She never cared anyway." Said she and sighed.
Lorraine and Kate looked at each other and said nothing. Boris said nothing and Lucy, Lucy said angrily but guilt filled her eyes.She never cared but she was there.
"Anger can do things" She said nonchalantly, as though she'd done nothing wrong. "Who are you bytheway,Lina? Aren't you his PA? What prompted you to lash out at me as though you're so perfect,huh? If you're so perfect let him cry for you too,why isn't he?"
"Eldena!" Lorraine called out.Lina gave her a dirty slap on her cheek.Now she was mad. She return her slap with two,and the fight began.
"Can you two stop this racket?Jaysonnis in there fighting for his..."
"Excuse me,the doctor will see you now." Said an excited nurse,as though she'd crammed her only English words.They all rushed into the room.
"Jayson." Lorraine gasped,tears in her eyes.He was up,he was finally up. He was weak and could only smile.
"Hear,I need just the family members."
"You can talk to us ,doctor." Lorraine affirmed.
"Your son,he's out of harm's way. But...he has amnesia, not completely, we can't tell how long he's gonna stay that way.As of now,he has no idea of the past few months."
Lorraine burst into tears and Kate comforted her friend. Lucy was eager and so was Lina, as synched, both moved toward him on each side when the doctor left. Lorraine followed and so did the rest.
"Son..." Lorraine smiled and held Hus hand. He smiled back at her and at Boris, then held Lina's hand.
"You scared me,you scared us all." She smiled at him. "Don't ever do that again."
"You're a fighter." Was all Lucy could voice out. He turned at her and then at Lorraine who was still swallowing the joy.
"Who's she?" He struggled to talk. His words hut Lucy like a sledgehammer; like a wrecking ball. He had lost his memory of her;What now?
"Uh..." Lorraine wanted to speak.
"She's Lucy, my daughter." Said Kate
"Hey Aunt." He smiled at her. Lucy would have fallen straight into a coffin and be buried. She excused herself out ta the room and to the restroom,where she poured out all her frustration. He was better off dead than alive and not knowing her as someone other than Aunty Kate's daughter.

How quick the tables turn.
The doctor explained that he would be discharged any moment. Lucy was numb;was it fate? Or karma or retributive justice? He'd forgotten her and his love for her and fate had taken him back to when he lived Lina...more like his memory had.
How ridiculous, utterly ridiculous that a simple(well not so simple) accident could change things so drastically. She wished she had forgiven him,she really wished she had. How could he not know her?
Just how come?...

Hey guys...sorry I'm being so slow and inactive. I'm in my final year and so busy...hope you guys could really help me out here.please vote for my story...Thanks