EPILOGUE

Lucy laid in bed,reading a psychology book. She had visited Mirina when she got back from France as a sad soul. She needed it,and it help a lot;therapy.
A knock at the door. "Open."
Kate walked in holding a birthday cake with petite candles and smiled as she walked towards the bed.
"Happy birthday to you my dear." She singsonged "make a wish."
Lucy smiled,surprised by the gesture. She blew her candles excitedly,like a little baby."thanks ma." What were birthdays for anyways?
"What did you wish for?" Kate asked persuasively.
Lucy glanced around and then at Kate. She bowed her head and the tears began to flow. The scars on her hand still showed from when she had cut her hand a few days back...now she was smiling and sobbing.
"I could have wished for Jayson, I'd have him back to my life;that he...that he knows me and not as your daughter but...but as the girl he loves. But I know that'll be selfish of me,he's happy...I only brought him hurt." She looked up at Kate who looked pathetic. Kate placed the cake on her table and hugged her. "I can't change anything,I don't want to be brave...I just want to be happy." She sobbed and fell into her mother's arms.
"Happiness comes from you,Eldie,only you can make yourself happy."
Her phone rang and she answered. "Hello?"
"Happy birthday,Lulu." He has become fond on 'Lulu'.
She smiled in tears and wiled her eyes and sniffed. "Jayson..." Kate walked toward the window. "How did you know?" She asked and wished he'd say he remembered her,he remembered everything.
"Aunt told me." He said. Her spirit died. "You're not spending your birthday alone are you?"
"I uh..."
"We'll come fetch you,you'll have a blast,promise."
"We'll?" She asked herself... Oh,Lina.
"Be ready...and Lulu?"
"Hmmm"
"You'll get what you wish for...someday." He said and cut the line. She stated blankly at her phone and was suddenly grateful. She was broken but she was brave,the real type of bravery. The type that let's you embrace your successes,accept your weaknesses,and look towards the positive side of life. She covered weaknesses with pride and now she was actually accepting life as it came. Therapy wasn't such a bad thing. It all begins with the decision to try. One way or the other she had lost a lover and found a friend. Not all was lost but still it hurt to be forgotten. She smiled.
She hopped out of bed and into the bath."you haven't cut your cake yet Eldie,watchu doing?" Kate asked.
"It doesn't matter ma,I made a wish." She yelled back. "Get ready too."
Kate smiled and walked away.
Her smiles began as she accepted her flaws from within.
And herhaps someday, the cries of her heart will be quenched,then she'll be able to smile without worries.
When pride and anger fades,love comes...
Someday....

"IF ONE LOVES AND ONE IS HURT
HURT AND HATE OVERFLOWS AND EXPIRES
THEN ONE CAN LOVE WITH SELFLESSNESS."

I WILL SACRIFICE...

THE END
BROKEN AND BRAVE: DIVA LA WAR.