CHAPTER TWO

"Atimes being alone is the best option...no one can hurt you when you're alone."

Bella Restaurant. 7:30pm.Decorations on the wall, a table set for two. Flowers of the white rose kind, two glasses on the table, two bottles of vodka. Classic lights all over and a handsome young man with ebony dark hair falling on his forehead.He wore black jean trousers and a white t-shirt covered with black jean petite coat.
            He sat back against the chair, leaned in exhaustion and glanced at his watch, it was made from pure gold. Looking about, he grimaced. The violin players were all set. Why was Lucy wasting his precious time? He had been waiting almost for an hour.Justin Anderson was surely waiting in vain.
             Justin Anderson, multi billionaire who inherited his mother's company and family wealth along with it. The guy was born with a golden spoon in his mouth and felt he could get whatever he pleased including Lucy Smolette, she was his latest challenge.
              Lucy had clearly mesmerized him and he vowed to be the ine to melt that stone heart of hers. "I'd like to see you try Mr.Anderson." was always her response. And where was she? Keeping him waiting of course.
              He sighted her at the entrance.she had her hair tied up in a bun and let some fall.Her gown was gold in colour and ankle length.her heels were to die for. Lucy was always dressed for the occasion.
              Justin briskly stood and rushed to her and kissed her knuckles like the gentleman he claimed he was.he accompanied her to their reserved table and sat himself down.
              Not a moment soon, she she peeped at her watch and smiled "This dinner will be over in 15minutes."
"What!" He asked,angry."I mean you just got h--"
"Can you blame me f--"
"Yes I can Lucy, you promised you'll be here!" Justin's eyes were all red.he was tempered.
"Voici...aren't I here? You didn't tell me not to be late." She smiled and his nerves went up.
              What could he say? Any slight mistake and she would be out the door.he didn't want to ruin his plans. One ought to be technical when dealing with Lucy Smolette.
               He stared at her simple yet classic makeover.she had green eye contact and it suited her bossy tone."You look pretty tonight." He smiled to calm his nerves. No girl would not smile at that compliment.
"I know." She said. "And it's not just tonight Mr.Anderson." Her frequent response. Talk of too much self esteem.
              Now this guy was about to take the greatest risk in his whole existence. Anyone who ever went that far ended up in a hospital. How men risk it. He had planned it to be on-screen live...he was going to propose.
"Lucy"
"Hmm?" She replied, eyes fixed on her phone.
"I've never loved like I love you."He went down on a bent knee ans the cameras when Live.
"What's all these charade? "
"Lucy..." he held the red ring box out and opened it. "...will you take the honour of being my bride?"
The ring was a 92 carat cut diamond ring.he planned on getting her the kohinoor diamond but he didnt need curses.

he planned on getting her the kohinoor diamond but he didnt need curses

She stared at the paparazzi then at Justin. "No...I won't. She said plainly.gasps could be heard over the area.who wouldn't want to take that privilege? Then again who would want to accept a man who says 'take the pleasure' instead of 'give me the pleasure'?
"Why?"
" 'cause that privilege is worthless. I told you not to dare, and also...I dont like you.
"Lucy--"
"You heard me Mr.Anderson, excuse me." With that said she grabbed her stuff and walked right out of the building.
What the heck did that guy think of her? How rude and abusive of him.she imagined the headlines on the news: HARSH DENIAL or SMOLETTE BREAKS PROUD GUYS HEART.That would serve as a lesson to any psychopath out there ready to take a challenge. Love is a name and a game, Lucy chose to play the game.

            ÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

Lucy joined her mum in the garden under the lights of the stars.
"Ma..." She sat by kate and handed a smoothie. "You've seen the news?"
Kate nodded in affirmation."you really did do him there sweetie,why don't you take it easy on 'em?" She laughed out. "You'll kill 'em all." She said between laughs. Lucy smiled at her mum...the only person who really mattered at the moment.
"Oh don't get 'em to mind much mama, i'mma letchu in on a lil secret..." She whispered in her eats and yhe two women burst into laughter. They chatted like age mates.
"Seriously?"
"Yeah I'm tellin' ya ma, they ain't got hearts."
"You'd better stop that, Lucy"
"It's fun...I wont" she sipped from her smoothie. Her smile turned to a serious face.who needs to feel when you can break?...i'ma keep breaking.

                      ÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

The car horn beamed.that was signal to the employees that Lucy Smolette was around,enough to send shivers down anyone's spine. Everything should be in place.
          Lucy stormed in like a wounded lioness.none dared stand in her way."hey move it."
Her P.A, Porsha followed. "Lucy, Shine needs the idea for the new product, he's scheduled the meeting on..."
"Send the ideas to him, there'll be no meeting."
"But--"
"Tell him!!"
She had work on her hands.Her new movie was on the go and she expected it to be a hit.then those nagging creatures called men kept nagging and coming between her and her business, her future, her riches, her goddam heart.
Screw men
Screw dates
Screw love.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Here we are at the end of this chapter.please give me feedbacks in the comments section and if you loved it please vote...no hard feelings to the guys, we're just reading how Lucy Smolette sees men.love you guys.
----------------------------------------------------------
Was she always this mean? Will she always be this heartless? Stay tuned to findout.♡♡