CHAPTER FOUR

"If the present is blur, it wouldn't kill to look back at your past for justification"

                     Flash back

From the very first day she was born, Eldena felt she had not received what she deserved.being born in a hospital was the order of the day but Eldena was born in a stable.Kate couldn't get to the hospital on time and she hadnt any money to pay.
             Larry Manoise, Eldena's father was a poor, irresponsible and frustrated man who did nothing but drink and stay out late and whip the hell out of his wife.The only reason he ever returned home was because he had nowhere else to go. His parents disowned him at the mere utterance of marrying an African-American woman because he was white. He was high with love or infatuation, either which had brought him to his despair.He left without looking back when Eldena was three.
            Being a single mum and having nothing was the curse the world had place on Kate Falon.But that was no excuse to abandon her child.Eldena was her only reason to keep going.

                 ÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

Being a single parent was devastating but knowing you're abandoned was another.She let the child know that Larry had left and returned to follow the commands of his so much demanding parents and let them die in poverty. "I'll let you know, you da only reason I struggle to move forward. I survive for you.you're my life,Eldie."
           Kate had tried.She nurtured a child from the stables to a beautiful young lady, lively and optimistic. Seeing the world as a place of hidden good, seeing the good in people who don't know the meaning of good.But she was so gullible,just like Kate before Larry abandoned her.
Easily trusts
Easily befriends
Easily believes
Easily betrayed...
          Kate never learned about the reality of life under Larry made her see that when he left.she then began viewing her struggles as challenging to strengthen her. But Eldena was still to face such challenges in her own way...and sixteen years had gone like the wind.

                  ÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

Life was hard but for an optimist like Eldie, it was full of love. "Who needs money when you have your love ones by your side?" Eldena always said to het bestie,Marley who was in fact the contrary of herself.
"Uh me...I do! What's the use of all those dam people if they can't be fed? We all just gonna die in porverty someday." Marley would respond. For an African-American, she had natural smooth long hair and she praised that.
"You know what,Marl?" She asked on their way to school.
"What, you wanna skip class?"
"Gosh no!" She grimaced at Marley's suggestion."I wanna be a star! Writing and acting...a big time artist."
           Marley let out a loud cry of mockery."haa! Girl you serious?"
"Yes, I'mma make 'em s..."
"You're delusional! Where do you even come from?"
"From a lov..."
"Love! Baaa! Love will get you nowhere.What do you wanna gain from changing m a world that hates change? You're only one man and man can't change the world. If I had your gifts, i'mma use 'em get me some cash, the world couldn't care less about what you wanna do." Said Marley, almost irritated by her friend's optimism. Too much of it could kill a man.what's the point of being so kind when you'll never get rewarded for kindness? Why do people go with the saying kindness always pays when the kind are poor and the arrogant are blessed with riches.?
           Marley hastened her pace when they arrived the hall way and Eldena tried keeping up but she bumped into Marshall Bieber.not actually...she slipped and fell to the floor and Marshall just stood there in front of her.He looked at her, he waited but she said nothing so he helped her up.
"Thanks." She said shyly. He was going to push me hair to the back like those white girls did when they bumped into some cute guy, but her hair was afro.
         "Woah,Marshall helped you up.What'd he say to you?"Marley was excited.
Eldena seemed lost, staring into oblivion without blinking."first thing to do when you fall is to get back on your feet."
"Duh...we all know that."
"I know, but it seemed...different."

----------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys how was this chapter?
Now we all know where Lucy Smolette sprung from...what next? Check it out in the next chapter.