CHAPTER SEVEN

"Hey, wake up!" Lucy shouted. Porsha slept dumbly by her side. "Remind me talk to ya outside,that's where you should have slept, now out!"

Porsha got out of bed and towards the big mirror. "You don't gotta be so bossy in the morning."
"Uh yes I have...now out, and tell Dunsey and the rest the meeting is cancelled."
Porsha turned to her, surprised. "You can't do that.people have been preparing for this meeting forever.why?"
"Cause I'm Lucy Smolette, any prob?" Asked Lucy.
Porsha was disappointed. "Of course not.I'll tell 'em." She said and walked out.

After her bath and makeovers, she walked down to the kitchen where her mum was.She always assisted the house helps.She threw her arms around Kate.
"Happy birthday,mum."
"Oh, I almost forgot."
"You did. I wish you never age." She said with laughter.
"Hey I'm still fit, and baby no party okay?"
Lucy sighed "sure mum, I know how much you hate the spotlight. It's gon' be just you and I today."
"Thanks sweetie...oh, you're Love customer. About an hour ago."
"He'll get tired...now come.I have something for you."

                   ÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

Porsha all dressed in black khaki jump suit,heels and matching sunshade. Her braids tied in a pony tail. She rushed in, heading for the board room...late as always.
"Hey Posh..." Koko met up with her, doubling and tripling his pace. "Didn't see you yesterday."
"Oh, I accompanied the Lucy to her premiere."
"Oh, yeah, uh...No tome for love  is a hit.what's next?"
"Quest for love." She replied and paused. Koko might as well faint if she hadn't slowed down.
"Woah...funny how she writes on love, love, love but has nothing to do with love,right?" He asked, then waited for Porsha's reply.She arched a brow, grimaced her lips and said nothing. "How  'bout lunch?"
"You're on.right now, I have info to pass." She walked away and straight for the board. "Lucy's not coming."
There was commotion. "Why?" , "what?" , "wtf."
And porsha replied nonchalantly "'cause she's Lucy Smolette, any prob?" Repeating Lucy's words, she left a confused board.

                        ÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

How time flies. A few years back, six or so, sitted at Ma Corazon restau with about four friends, sharing a bottle of cheap wine, a half sliced-half cooked pizza and singing the happy birthday song was everything one could ask for.
But the story had changed. Eldena could hardly do anything for her mum's birthday. Every dollar was planned. Now a change. Lucy Smolette.

Candles all around, a table set for two, expensive silk sheets.priceless roses. A bucket of variety of drinks. No pizza, a menu rather. A mother's work had paid.
Ion want a party, baby.
No party okay? Something simple.
Sure, no party but definitely different form the yesteryears.
"Happy birthday,mum."
Both women sat, ordered, discussed, sang and wished.
"You know what I wish for?" Kate asked after a gulp of wine "I wish you'd give someone the chance to make you happy."
Lucy chocked on her meal. "But maa...I'm with you right now, and I'm happy."
"Oh baby, look at what we're celebrating, ma aging.I'm not gonna be here so long. I'm not your soul mate."
"There's no such thing as soul mate." Lucy said with a sigh.
"Sure there is...You gotta get married."
"You're single."
"That's  not the case...will you grant my wish? "
Lucy blinked and batted and chuckled and coughed, slouched and said "I'll think 'bout it."

                     ÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

"Your board freaked out! Convincing 'em to reschedule the goddam meetin' was hell of a work." Porsha sipped from a glass of Orange juice and said "you owe me, Lucy?"
Lucy scoffed. "I owe you nothin' for doin' your own fuckin' job. It's your job to do as I say, screw the Board."
If you can't talk back to Lucy then change the subject.
"At least you owe me the end of your melodramatic tale." Porsha said.
"Still remember?"
"Every single word, and I'm still interested. So...?"
Lucy chuckled. "Well...where was I?"

-----------------------------------------------------------

That's all for this chapter guys.sorry for the late publish.