CHAPTER NINETEEN

《I wanna know what makes you smile...
Tell me what I gotta do to please you.
Baby anything you say I'll do.
Cuz I only wanna make you happy.
From the button of my heart, it's true.
Tell me...》

"I'm going to NYC." He said to his mother, Lorraine Deverson, over breakfast. He couldn't eat at home alone. All he could think about was Lucy. She'd quit the movie and so had he...again.
"What for?" Asked Lorraine.He was silent. "Don't tell me, I know it's because of Lucy. First you quit the movie and now you're following her?"
"It's complicated,mum."
"I know." She sipped from a cup of black tea. "I got you involved, remember? But it was something minor, why don't you just let her be?You came in like a game, leave like a game." She concluded. She was one black beauty. A business woman who had made it big by twenty-five. She was in her early fifties and no one could ever make a right guess. She looked atleast twenty years younger and liked it that way.
"Mum, it's wasn't a test or game.I genuinely wanted to know her.I just don't know how I got caught in a mess..." He looked up at her, his eyes shining bright.
She giggled. "Don't tell me she's got you wrapped around her little finger, baby..ni wouldn't call it love."
"Why?"
"'Cause love is a weak feeling,darling. You fall in love, you melt, you get a heartbreak and you die." Replied Lorraine sternly, her eyes fixed on her cup of tea.
"I'm still going." He placed a hand over hers and stood."Just because one person couldn't love right, you can't judge love. I know my f..." He paused when he saw the look in her eyes. She hater talking about his father, and his brother's...but somehow, that was the overall topic between her and Kate Falon. "Mum...chillax.I'm still going."
"As you wish, sweetie." She crossed he legs. "I'm telling you,Son,don't fall in love.Stand, sit or whatever but don't fall."
"Whatever mum..."

                          ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

She'd confined herself in her room for four days, no exit, every attempt was a failure.
Kate was worried.
Lucy. She'd locked herself in there, cried her eyes out for an hour or so, then she'd dried off her tears, taken a bath and washed away all the pain.
Four days of being locked up in her room.
Four days of facing the mirror.
Four days of ignoring her mother's knock. She'd forgiven her.
Four days of ignoring Jayson's call. She wasn't ready to forgive that one. Not now, not...ever?
Mother kept knocking. She'd called Jayson the minute all the bullshit began and he'd explained.
"Eldie, please open up. I..."
She was cut off by the screeching of the door and it opened. "Eldena?"
"Lucy, mother." She was ready now, her hair made in a bun and she wore black cover all jumpsuit.
"What's going on?" Kate seemed confused. She expected to see a slouching Eldena.
Lucy responded with a smile.
She had opened up the little space in heart and dumped all the trash there. She was fighting the situation inorder for it not to devour her mentally.
Fake it till you make it.

                          ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

"You're leaving?"
"Yep. I'm returning to NYC...again."
Unbelievable! Lina wanted to scream her head out and beg him to stay.
"Jay, why're you doing all these?Look, she doesn't even care about you...the damn girl doesn't even care thatchu here packing up to go meet her." Tears stood at the edge. She wished she would have accepted him when he came to her.
Jayson responded with silence.