CHAPTER EIGHT

On a cold afternoon, Eldena waited for Fawn and Iradessa. Under the large oak tree at the college lawn she stood, thinking, gazing...lost.
"Uh...hi." said a voice from behind. She turned around.
A fine built body, white skinned and dark hair. Dark green eyes that was capable of giving one the chills. Lips as red as rose and voice as sweet as nectar.
"H-h-..." oh let's face it, she couldn't reply.
"Watchu doing here? Alone." He asked.Noticing her shy behaviour,he asked "you okay,sweetcakes?"
"Sweetcakes?" She asked, her voice seemed to have come to life."uh...yeah, I'm just waiting on my friends."
"So you waiting on me?" He asked. That charisma was something else.
"No, my friends."
"And now we're friends, right?" He winked, her heart leaped.
She was going to assess him but she was already caught in his eyes."I...ion know your..."
"Oh...I'm Edward Stoneheart." He said.
Her eyes burged out. "Stoneheart." She giggled.
"Yeah, pretty weird. If I could sue my dad for such I'd be delighted to. My middle name is Leslie...I wouldn't be seen dead." Edward grimaced at the sound of it. Open-minded and free. "And to whom am I sharing such deadly secret?"
"I'm Eldena Manoise, no middle names." She said.a broad smile followed. Edward would definitely be a good friend.
"So...Eldena, how 'bout lunch sometime? Maybe when you're not standing under a tree waiting on your friends, huh?" Asked Edward.
"Uh...sure."
"Catchu later, Eldena." Said he as he retreated. Iradessa, Fawn and Marley approached. Well, Eldena didn't even realize their presence...lost again.
"Hey, earth to Eldie." Iradessa snapped her fingers to call her attention, flipped her curly orange hair."you lost again?"
"Who was that dreamy guy you were with?" Asked Fawn. Eldena could only blush."yep...she's oblivious."

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

No sooner had she met him that the liked him; no sooner had she liked him that they became friends became friends; no sooner had they become friends that her friends became he's; no sooner than that she had fallen for him.
Yes...again, Eldena had love and loved and they had all ended as they begun.She couldn't hide it, she loved him.
Edward was caring, open-minded and ready to listen...but that's all he was.
"You love him?" Marley asked.
Eldena's eyes rolled to and fro, trying to look as skeptical as she wasn't. Her eyes always failed her. She knew her yes would be disapproved by preachings on how wicked the world is and how love doesn't exist.
"Not really." She said. "Why ask?"
"Uh" Her turn to lie. "Nothing, really. I just thought of asking, he's quite the type you fall for anyways.it almost seemed obvious."
Marley didn't stop asking anytime she got the chance to, and she always got a reply "not really." And the last time "sort of."

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

Noon.Edward stood by the hallway waiting on Marley this time.he constantly checked his time, blinking those emerald green eyes.
"Hey" Eldena walked up, dressed in casual jeans and blue crop top which matched her sneakers. Her afro held by an Alice band. She couldn't help but smile for he was enchanting.
"Hey Eldie, you stalking me?" He asked with a little winkie.
She took a deep breath. "Not really. You're standing by my locker." She said.
"Oh..." he shifted away embarrassingly. "And you..."
"Waiting on Marley, she takes forever."
"Lunch for us all?" She asked after slamming the locker door.
He casually shook his head. "Marley's taking me to see a movie. Maybe lunch tomorrow."
"Bummer...I'll be going to my mum's tomorrow. She needs help with the house."
"When you get back then."
Eldena was not happy with that, she always had lunch with Edward wether or not the rest were present. Her countenance clearly showed disappointment. "Oh don't give me that face Eldie, I'll make it up."
Eldena silently nodded.
"Thanks for understanding, gotta fly, bye, love you." He pecked her and vamused.
That was Edward, always romantic, charming...enchanting. The guy whose 'i love you' came out like a joke to everyone.

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

The sun was at its peak and they had gone to see a movie.'Walking dead'. Crop top and mini jeans, hair held backwards in a pony tail, popcorn in hand, Edward beside and movie ahead.
"You know you're strange...most girls hate horror. You're like the only girl here,baby."
She stared at him with her eyes batting out. "You think?"
"Oh I know...I know what you like."
"So...what do I..."
"Shhh!!" Someone shushed them up.
She ignored."so what do I like?"
"Horror...jazz...money..." he giggled
"Seriously?"
"Yeah" he brought his face closer and whispered. "...and me." Then he tilted and attempted kissing her but she retreated. , "what's the matter?"
She though what...she knew what.
Fact: she was sure sure Eldena loved him though she said nothing.
Fact:This guy's last words about her likes was true.how did he
know?
Fact:He was dam hot.
Fact:He was Edward Stoneheart.
"Nothing." She smiled and looked him in the eye.
"So where were we?"
She responded with a kiss, a long french kiss. Her bag of popcorn fell and the wimpy guy next to her owned it.The screen was shown, the knife was sent into Jane's heart and the walking dead laughed out maniacally.

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

"Hey girl" Iradessa and Fawn said in unison.
"Hi" Eldena slowly shut her book.
"Still on diaries? Fuck secret journals, right Fawn?"
"Definitely."
Both sat on each side.
"Now" Fawn began."why keep secrets when you can say it all out.?"
Answer-when you have crazy friends you can barely trust. "No reas..."
"Latest news...our dear friend's got herself hooked up with Emeraldo Edwardo."
"Huh?" Lucy was astonished.
"Edward."
They sighted Marley a distance away."we told you nothing." They warned and left before Marley could come.
For the first time in her life, Eldena had no tears left to cry. All she could do was smile in disbelief.
"How about lunch tomorrow?" Marley asked.
"I...I...I have to go see my mum tomorrow." She lied.
"But you just got back"
"And I'm going back." She quickly short back, not able to look her friend in the eye.she packed her stuffs.
"Okay...you're the one who's gonna miss out on the fun."
"Yes..yes I am." Not interested in knowing what the fun was, she walk away without so much as a goodbye.

If tears were what got one to where they wanted to go then Eldena would be happy. She cried her eyes out. Alone in her room was one thing, crying alone was another, having fake friends who only cared about gossip and themselves was everything.
She could take it no more. She packed her stuff...all, and moved out of her rented house...for good.

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

If crushes had gone, lovers never noticed your worth, father was unknown and uncaring, friends were fake and you were Eldena manoise, all you could do was run into the arms of the only person who truly cared...Mother.
All she could think about was one thing after the last which didn't work out...her dreams.
Fuck fake friends, fake friends.
Fuck love.
Fuck education
Listen to mother...follow your dreams.
Well, that was after she'd cried her eyes out to her mum. "Oh baby, stop this.you've deprived yourself of happiness long enough.those people don't count...I love you." The only true love so far.
And with that love she's learned to be strong and strive on, moved on from crying over people who barely cared. She had learned lessons and she had new mottos to abide by.
Fact:wipe any tears that blinds your vision for an open door.
Fact:Think with your head and not your heart.throw away that pumping heart and get everything!
Double fact:fuck fake friends!!
With these principles, Eldena reached forth her dreams with a heartless soul filled with determination. Ahe climbed her ladder to fame.
"It's a heartless world and in a heartless world, the heartless succeed."
Eldena had always been an Angel, a fool, a gullible girl. One can't succeed while looking at the past...one can't succeed while being addressed as Eldie the Angel.
LUCY SMOLETTE...

----------------------------------------------------------