CHAPTER ELEVEN

Blue band, blue Armani track suit and to match sneakers,cookies in hand. Jayson sat to watch a movie in his living room.
"Jayson!" Lina stormed in holding some files."Jayson" she search angrily for him, her little red lips slightly angered.
"I'm here, Lina." He said.
She stormed toward him, hands at akimbo.
He assessed her outfit...dressed for work.but his residence wasn't an office for work.What was her prob?
"Woah...why the outfit?"
"You wouldn't even ask why the I came looking so furious?" She smacked his head.
"Yeah, and that too."
"Dre told me you declined the offer of the role of Jacob in the upcoming movie. She Wolf will be a hit and that's the perfect role for you, Jayson why-did-screw-it-up? I finally found something to take your career to the next level, you screw it up."
He took a look at her. She'd been working her ass out for him. He got the role of Jacob Germaine but then what? He would have loved to feature  in the movie but being Jacob Germaine meant being with Valeria Crowther who was to be played by none other than Lucy. He withdrew as soon as he found out. It would have been much easier if he hadn't bombarded Lucy with lies about himself.He wondered why he even did that.he could have just come clean. And now he had to keep her away from the real him.
"Lina..."
"Don't dare tell me it's because of that girl, that...Lucy. I here she's starring too."
"That's not what I said." Jayson defended himself.
"Oh but it's the truth anyway. You're letting such an opportunity slip right through your fingers, all because she's involved? Why? What do you want from her anyway?Why do you have to hide?"
"Sorry for killing your struggles,Lina but I have an objective to fulfill with Ms.Smolette." He said.He pulled her to sit next to him and forced a cookie in her mouth.
"Stop trying to divert the situation."
"Look,Lina, I've had opportunities, and I'll have opportunities and more.let this one slide...for me." He hugged her.They were more than just Boss and assistant.
"You gonna pay by treating me to lunch."
"Sure" He smiled."Is that all?"
"And I'm taking your snack" Before he could say a word, she grabbed his platebif cookies and walked away.

                     ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

She threw on a night gown, applied some lotion and jumped to bed to reflect her day. She hadn't done that in forever.
Porsha said the movie would commence production as soon as a replacement for the role of Jacob Germaine was found, she heard some Jayson Daniella had backed out for unknown reasons. What a name. She could swear by her life 'Daniella' could never change to 'Deverson'.
Deverson. The guy was a stalker. Almost like he had mastered her schedule. He was everywhere...except that day.she wondered why.
Bestie.
She scoffed and giggled at the thought of it. Her phone rang.
"Jayson"
"Hey Bestie.didn't come 'cause I know you're off duty."
"Duty? How did you know I wouldn't be at the company? "
"Uh...you see, it's Saturday, day off." He replied.
"It's Friday Jayson, Friday."
"Oh...whatever. couldn't sleep without telling my Bestie goodnight."
"I'm not  your best friend." She rolled her eyes with a hidden smile.
"Who said you were?" He laughed. "Goodnight Bestie,love you Bestie." He said and the line went dead.
"Annoying laughter." Not annoying really, his laughter made her laugh.she had to admit it...but she wouldn't.

                          ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

She was at the park, sitted alone watching the ducks in the pond. Her black jeans were below butt level and matching boots to knee level.A leopard skinned scarf hung round her neck and cool sunglasses were a necessity to her every day life. She crossed legs and arms and leaned back, listening to music from Jayson's player.
You got spark, you got spark
You got something all the girls want
You're like a c...
The music was drowned by a voice.someone sat close and greeted.
"Hi" he said. "Pretty ducks,ain't they?"
The voice sounded nothing like Jayson's so she couldn't care a damn as to who it was, until...
"Heyoo Stoneheart guy!" Someone yelled from afar and the guy next to her responded. She slapped out her glasses and took a look at him.
Like a dream, Edward Stoneheart in full flesh. His emerald green eyes still shone bright and his hair was still so...so...
"Eldena?" He recognized her.Why did he recognize her? Hadn't she changed a lot? She looked...anti Eldena.
"Eldena!! My gosh, you're still alive." He hugged her.
What a coincidence of him to say such, because Eldena was surprised too as to why God hadn't taken him away in death...he and her so-called bestfriend.
"I can't breathe." She said with no form of emotions. He let her go. He was so excited to see her.
"You have no idea how I searched for you.you just...disappeared." He stood after she did.
Lucy scoffed. "Even if I were Eldena I'd disappear from a psycho like you.what'd you think you just did, hugging strangers at random."
"Hey Eldena, it's me."
"You who?"
"Edward" He said, confused."don't you remember me?"
"I have a clear memory, boy, I don't remember you because I don't know you and I'm Elfera or whatever name you just called me." She said with a devilish smile.Why did she have to lie?
Fact: He did nothing to hurt her intentionally, loving her wasn't his duty.
Fact: He broke her heart either way.
Fact: He hated everything about her past.
Fact: He was her past.
She wanted nothing to do with him but it seemed he wouldn't let her go until she admitted the fact.
"That'll mean I'm blind."
"You sure are." She spat out. "And you're psycho too."
"Woah, Eldena I d..."
"Correction...Lucy Smolette." She never left the 'Smolette' out. What a name. She got her name from the initials of the tight brained business woman, Lucky Santangelo from the novel LUCKY. She was her role model.
"I know you're Eldena." He held both her hands with he's and peered deep into her eyes." Eldena, easygoing, lovely, lively, quick to cry, quick to forgive, quick to fall in love."
She looked him in the eye too and giggled while freeing her hands from his grip. "The girl must be a fool.probably why she disappeared 'cause fools don't live long, don't you think? Ed...what's you're name again?"
"So who then?"
"Lucy, Lucy Smolette."
"You're lying."
She scoffed in anger. "I'm lyin'? Sure. The guy's a wizard who can tell if a complete stranger's a liar. So what if I'm lyin'? Who the fuck do you think you are,barging into my peace an' quiet time an' accusin' me of being you're dumbass girlfriend..."
"She's not my girlfriend."
"Bah humbug to that. You have no right to forcely accuse me.Mr green eyes, I can call the police on you right now for assault."
"Look, Eldie" he held her close." I looked for you.You're friends didn't care much, I even broke up w..."
"For Pete's sake would you just back off!!!" She struggled to push away from him.She missed a step and trip but someone caught her.
Jayson caught her before she could fall. He helped her up and turned to Edward, eyes full of rage.How dare he trouble his bestie? He looked back at her. "You okay?" He asked.
She was numb. She was caught off guard by his sudden show up. For some reason, her heart missed a beat when she saw him.
She nodded.
"Eldena, look" Edward began."I'm not assaulting you, I just want you back...in my life."
She was silent. Jayson was confused but he acted like he was on track.But who was this guy forcing Lucy to talk? "Wait a sec...who the fuck are you?"
"Who are you ?" Edward readdressed the question to him. "You're the one who's intruding here." He was ready to fight.
"You better stay away."
"Y'all cracking." Lucy cut in. "Let's go,Jayson. Nice to meet you, Edward. I hope you don't find what you're looking for." She said walking away with Jayson.
"I already have, Eldena!" He yelled.
"It's for that Eldena's good...You're crazy!" She yelled back.
He watched her go.
She'd changed...a lot.