TWENTY-TWO

"Morning ma'am." Greeted the orange haired maid. Lucy passed as the she'd heard the wind sing. She went down to the living room.Porsha was sitted.She  threw herself on the couch.
"Don't you have a house or something? Why are you so early?" She asked. Her eyes slept though she was wide awake, not even a whole day at the spa could heal that.
"This is too much,Lucy. Look at yourself. You haven't stepped foot outside for days and the whole board of staff is heaven!"
"Isn't that what they want? To see less of me?"
"If you ask me, I dont see what Jayson did that has you all worked up.you raised your voice at him for almost no reason and he forgave you, can't you forgive him for a more accurate reason?" Porsha pleaded. "He obviously loves you."
"I didn't ask for opinion...and love? Love leads to heartbreak."
"Yeah, cuz you're breaking he's."
Lucy scoffrd. "He's only saying it to excuse himself."
"I'd never say it if I didn't mean it." Jayson stood by the door. Porsha couldn't help but smile.
Lucy was hit. His presence always seemed to send shivers down her spine, but she was mad and must act mad. You let them in,they'll walk all over you.
"How should I know? Your whole life was fake before I found out anyways." She stood at a spot, arms folded. She looked a mess.
He approached. "Lucy, what do I have to do for you to forgive me?" He looked her in the eye and held her hands. Kate watched from afar. "What can I do?"
She freed her hand from he's and held he's. She looked him in the eye.
"Leave...don't ever come back."
Everyone was astonished to hear such. Had it come to that? Was that how it wa going to end?
"Is that really what you want?" His tone matched the sympathy in his eyes.
"Nothing else." She said and looked away.
"Lucy!" Kate scolded.
"No, it's fine, Aunt...it's for a good cost, your forgiveness." He pecked her and walked away.
Lucy immediately fell back to the couch like a tired soldier who had used all his energy to fight and still wasn't satisfied with victory.
Kate retreated upstairs and Porsha grabbed her bag to go."I guess somethings weren't meant to be afterall.I'll tell'em you can't make.I'll just bring your work home."

                      @@@@@@@@

He leaned against the balcony and looked down at the street. He saw a couple walk by,wrapped in each other's arms. He felt miserable. Some bitch Lucy was, but then again, he was the one who asked for a request.
"Jayson is that you?" Lina approached.
"Why?"
"Nothing, I just thought you'd be in NYC begging your girlfriend."
"She's not my girlfriend." He said disappointedly.
"But you wish she was, don't you?" She said and smiled at him for a millisecond. He didn't respond.he was gazing at the sky."what do you see in her,anyway?"
Jayson turned to her, wondering what he saw in Lucy."Nothing...but then again I see everything I want, and here I am, doing nothing." He smiled.
"Move on." Luna said.
"That's a term for losers. One should only move on when he wants to, you can't just stop loving someone because they don't love you."
Lina scratched her scalp."I'll pretend I understood that." She laughed.He giggled."you were never this much in love with me...and you certainly didn't feel so let down when I declined, did you?" She smiled, her eyes sad.
"Lina I..."
"It's okay. It was just a comparison. I can help you."
"With what?"
"She wouldn't be this mad if she didn't love you."
"Meaning?"
Lina scoffed. "Ugh you're so stupid. Meaning...She's super let down because she had high expectations about you.quote...there's no great disappointment where there's no great love. Haven't you heard?"
"Noo...but I sure am disa..."
"Not you...her."
"Oh..."

...........................................................