CHAPTER TEN

You got spark, you got spunk
You got something all the girls want
You're like a candy store.
And I'm...
"Hi" A voice said, right in front of her. He approached her. Somehow she couldn't respond.
He was light skin black. Skin so smooth and flawless. He wore black shorts and a white vest which had been soaked by sweat from jogging.Those packs were damn visible and worth staring at for hours. A white towel hung on his left shoulder and a music player in hand.His body was stunningly beautiful.
And what's body without face? He got the face of a Warrior Angel, a Clark Kent. His lower lip was cherry red, his nose just soothing and his dark eyes held a hideout for diamonds. His hair, it was tied aback.
Maybe she didn't hear him, he turned off the music. "Hi"
"Yeah?"She came back to reality."What'd ya want?"
"Nothin' really...I realised you stopped at the sight of me. You were jogging, right?" He asessed her. She wore black shorts, thigh level and a black vest with the inscription LUCY in gold. A white towel hung on her shoulder too, sneakers in leg and a bottle of water in hand, her hair tied in a pony tail.
"Yes, yes I was.' Her bottle of water slipped to the ground, thinking he would, like a any gentlemen help her with it, she stood still,waiting...
He didn't move an inch.
Waiting...
Not a muscle.
She sighed and stooped to pick it up and he did same.well...a clash. She lost her balance and fell with her water too.
He giggled. She frowned.
"Hey, let me help y..."
"I'm fine!" She barked. She was reminded of a phrase from long ago and she was on her feet again.
"Sure you are...we were gonna bypass but I wouldn't mind making a U-turn in your direction." He smiled at her.
"I didn't ask for company."
"Something tells me you need it, if not me then the music.you're tough." He hissed.
"I am." She said triumphantly.
"Sure you are...you can prove that with a non-stop jog competition." He turned on the music once more. She looked fascinated, she didn't move an inch.He grabbed her bottle and towel in a jiffy and made a run for it. "You're loosing."
She rolled her eyes and met up qith him.

                      ÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷2

She sat in her pavilion. She wore blue top and black shorts just beneath her butt. Afro hair held with an Alice band.light touches here and there and sunglasses sealed her appearance.She listened to music on the player, the same player owned by the stranger with the physique she encountered a few days back.
Kate approached. Her presence was not noticed until she turned off the music.
"Maa...turn it on." She stood.
"You've been here forever."
"It's peaceful here, you know my pavilion's my resting place." Said Lucy.
Kate smiled. "Someone's here to see you."
Furious. "You know what to do, kick'em out."
"I let him in."
And there he was. The guy with the awesome body and player. She remembered their racing. He had call her Lucy because it was written on her dress but he didn't tell her his name and she didn't bother asking. Now he was in front of her again.He wore all-white ankle jeans and t-shirt and matching tennis. "I'll leave you two." Kate exited.
"Hey Lucy-girl."
"How did you find my residence?" She sat herself down, not caring to offer him a seat. "You're stalking me."
"Last thing on my mind." He smiled and sat himself down not needing permission. "I was actually tracking my player and it lad me right here...not a bad environment." He said, looking around.
"Not bad?" She asked, amazed. Anyone would say it was beautifully divine, her garden was filled with the finest flora, how could he say 'not bad'? Just 'not bad'?
"Yeah"
"Whatever. Why did you track it? You insisted I take it with me."
"Sure-so I could track it. It would be a bummer if I met an iron lady like you and never get to see her again." He smiled.
"You could have just asked." Lucy replied.
"If I did ask for your address,would you have given it to me?" He asked."You don't look sociable."
"And yet you're in my garden, sitted."
"Okay, maybe not so anti social." He smiled, he always smiled. "So, Lucy lady, can I know your name? I mean your real name."
She adjusted herself, placed both elbows on the table and both palms supported each cheek. She arched a brow. "Lucy, Lucy Smolette."
Suprised. "So...you da famous Lucy Smo-le-tte." He stressed on the last name and smile. What a charm.
Lucy scoffed. "As if." She said, confident of the fact that he ought to know her.c'mon, she's Lucy Smolette for Christ's sake.
"Well, Lucy, I'm honoured."
"Sure you are." She said after a sip of wine.
He gazed non-stop at her, waiting for something.
Waiting...
Waiting...
Waiting...
Nothing. Wasn't she interested in knowing his name? Or did she already know? "Ain'tchu curious to know my name too?"
"Not really...but I won't mind you telling me." She replied.
He was shocked. A zombie with no anxiety, it's supposed to be interesting getting to know new people.
"You're a hard rock, ain'tchu?"
No response.
"I'm Jayson D."
"As in Jason Derulo or something?" She asked.
"No, Jason D-Deverson."
She arched a brow. "Interesting..."
"From observation, you have few friends.No one would bear the risk of being close to a lioness."
Lucy smiled. "And yet you're here."
Jayson smiled and leaned back. "That's why I'm D-Deverson.That first D ain't standing there for nothing."
"What's it stand for? Delusional? Deceitful?...Devil?"
"Nop" he sat up right and came closer. "Determined."
"You wish."she mocked. She was actually having a free conversation with this guy.
He laughed."Quote me anywhere,Smolette, we gon' be the best of friends."
Lucy laughed out mockingly and scoffed. "I'd love to see you try."
"Oh, it's on."
Both looked at each other and smiled.