CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Lucy was informed that the guy playing "Jacob" in the movie was involved in an accident.
"Don't you guys have backup or something?"
The damn people were wasting the time she could have been spending with Jayson. The guy just had to be the victim of an accident. Lucy showed no sympathy,they were wasting her time.
First, the billboard lie, now this. Could Chicago get any worse?
"Actually, Anderson was the backup." Said some girl in the crew.
"So who was the main guy?"
"We told you right? Jay-D was our original, but he backed out for reasons unknown to us." Said the main producer, Whitney Stan. "You don't expect me to hire low quality, now do ya?" He winked. He was a curly red haired Irish American with a weird accent. He had bulb eyes which fascinated Lucy. How big they were when he yelled.
"Look, if y'all can't do your job right, I'm out." Lucy said.
"No no no.you're gonna wait for Jay-D, I'll mak'im come."
"W..." she searched for word and found none. "Whatever."
They were going to call the Jay-D guy once more. Chicago's sweetheart. So he was the original.yes, he was gonna come back and she would see for herself if he had anything in relation to Jayson, her Jayson.
"Yes...you call him" She said...and smiled.

                         **********

The board meeting was turning into a complete disaster. It was a disaster from the very start. Things were getting out of hand since Lucy left. The staff gave Porsha frontal headache, literally, guess one had to be Lucy Smolette to run a company.

She showed up for the board meeting dressed in Lucy's leopard skin jumpsuit and heels, her hair, afro. There was immediate silence as she entered. But it was just an outfit. The mumblings began.
"What do you think you're wearing?" Asked some chubby lady with a very very visible neck.
"What keeps you people intact. Now the meeting begi..." like no one was talking, the mumble increased, her speech was buried in noise.
"Be...Quiet!!" She screamed and angrily climbed up to the center of the table. "Can't you guys behave for o..."
"Love your shoes. "
"Thanks" she replied calmly and went back to her rage. "For once, to work"
if it meant staying on that table till the end to get them to listen, she would.
And she did.

                         *********

"Lina, I can't, she'll realise I've been lying to her." He brushed his fingers against his hair. "I don't even know how all this nonsense began."
"And now you just can't go back. You would have worried about that before you begun your nonesone lies. For crying out loud, Jayson, this is a Whitney Stan Production." Lina backed. She followed him in every direction, speaking right into his ears with her voice screaming like an angry mosquito."Jay"
"Hmmm?"
"Do the movie Jay.You can never hide from her forever. This isn't what was planned by Auntie and miss Falon.
I thought you'd atleast give all this up when you saw her...bright side." Lina quoted the 'bright side'. She hadn't really seen any bright side, she didn't really care to see, all she wanted was for Jayson to leave her and life should return to how it was. She had turned him down and he didn't wait a second to back off, leaving it all at the friendship zone. She really didn't mind...not until this Lucy came to the picture. Somehow she was fine without Lucy in the picture even if Jayson and she would still remain just freinds, she was fine with that.
*Let's just remain single together. You can see me as a friend all you want, as long as you don't see anyone as something more than that*
Some thought she had there.
That wasn't entirely the cause of her racketing. He was neglecting his profession which was building up slowly but surely. Sometimes riches isn't everything, fame and publicity counted too.
"Yes"
"So? What happened?" She asked though the answer was quite clear.
"I..." He couldn't admit it either. He feared Lucy would desert him.but why would she? It was just a stupid prank to see how she treated people out of her league. Why shouldn't he? He decided he would? "Tell'em I'm in."
"That's ma boy." She patted his shoulder, quite a stress because she was quite shorter.
"You owe me lunch." He said.
"Whatever helps you sleep at night." She said and left.
Then a sudden fear. How was he to begin? He tried phrasing his words, imagining the scene. "Hey I've been lying to you all this while, I'm quite rich and that sick car ain't mine." He thought...too straightforward. "Lucy I need to tell you something, I'm not who you think I am, I'm not so..."
His phone rang and kept him out of his phrases. It was Lucy.
"Great timing, was just thinking of you." He said and balance himself on a chair.
"Good to know I'm still there.I thought you've forgotten me by now." She joked.
"What! Impossible! I'll remember you forever, even when falling down to my grave, you'll be the one I'll be thinking about." He said with full emotions, somehow she felt he wasn't teasing.
"Woah now that was some goid line for a poem, shall I direct you to a publisher?
"You think I'm kidding? Seems like it only takes a grand movie to forget me."
"Oh shut up" she replied. "Found something fascinating, can't wait to show you...that'll be quite sometime because a Character's out."
"Oh really?"
"Oh...and there's this billboard, I saw a guy just like you." She said. His heart leaped. He could barely breathe. "He's the one who pulled out from the movie before...some asshole. I could have sworn it was you but...I couldn't."
She already knew. Not even Jesus Christ would believe him if he said he intended to before she knew something. How stupid could he get? How did he end up here?
"So eh..." He paused to force down a lump of air and siliva and frustration down his throat. "What if I was the one? what if I was that J...that guy you said." He asked with a bump on his head for almost calling his name when she hadn't even mentioned it.
She scoffed. "You wish you were...no qualms about it though. See you when I get back."
"See you too..." he murmured to himself when the line went dead.
See you when I get back.
He was there with her already.
Frustrated by all means and in all aspects, he lay back quietly, relaxed,now imagining the scene where Lucy walks away from his life. Somehow the tension left, the fear, vanished. All that was left was total frustration.
One might as well relax in a panic.

                        ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

"Lucy I can't take those people no more, I've had it to the max...you gotta come back." Porsha poured out over phone call.
"Shooting has barely begun. Deal with it, I'll deal with'em when I get back."Now tell me, how's Jayson?"
"Ion knw.You got a phone, call him."
"Shatap and tell me."
Porsha shrugged as though Lucy was seeing her. "Don't know about him, haven't seen him since you left."
"Not even a glimpse?"
"Nope."
"Hmmm..."